MonkeyFlow 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Re: MonkeyFlow 1.3

Post by Guest »

That's weird. I also have Windows 7 64bit and a Radeon HD 5800 and Monkeyflow works perfectly fine with a non-portable install of MM4. I do remember having some issues getting it to work and I was getting a grey block too I think it had to do with the path of Monkey Flow's cache or something. Once I changed it it started working.
sanedevil

Image source

Post by sanedevil »

From where does MonkeyFlow get the images? I have some albums for which it picks up the album art, but not for others. :(
nixgeek

Post by nixgeek »

CPU [one core] is at 100% when running monkeyflow 1.3

Please advise....

Host details
Evga X58 Mobo
Intel I7 Cpu
Nvidia 570 Video Card
12 GB Ram
Mirrored 500GB OS disks.
realdieu

Post by realdieu »

MonkeyFlow initializes but all the images show up as blank white squares
MonkeyFlow uses certain OpenGL features that are not supported by older or low-end graphics drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it still doesn't work then you are out of luck. I am working on a work around for this though.
MonkeyFlow 1.3 is/would be a cool idea. I'm running a pretty robust machine with nVidia's GTX-590 and I get the "blank white squares" effect.
PoWeR

Post by PoWeR »

Hi (btw great plugin/script),

This morning for no apparent reason I got this "Error while connecting" with MF 1.3 on MM 4.0.3 and cannot find anything on the net about this problem…

I did a full uninstall:
Close MM
Deleted …\AppData\Local\MonkeyFlow
Deleted …\AppData\Local\Temp\MonkeyFlow_Cache
Deleted the MonkeyFlow section from MediaMonkey.ini

Then I restarted MM, then MF and I got the same error???

Here is the Log:
Creating MediaMonkeyDB object
Starting database thread
Initializing COMConnecting to MediaMonkey

Creating handle to SongsDB.SDBApplication COM server
Connected to MediaMonkey 4.0.3
Reading INI options
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 393, in _dbThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 478, in _dbConnect
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack
Database thread shutting down
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Main_MonkeyFlow.py", line 160, in _connectThread
File "MediaMonkeyDB.py", line 129, in __init__
MMDBError: Error while connecting
(check log file)

Please Help, cannot leave without MF ;)

Post by Guest »

I know there is no more dev for this plug-in, but I do not beleive it is a bug, probably just a setting or something that is interfering...anybody else got a similar problem?

Again, I belaive that I did not change anything with MM and MF, it just stop working with the error identefied above...

Otherwise, is there any other plug in that offer the same fonctionnality?

THanks.
PoWeR

Post by PoWeR »

Anyone getting 'Error while connecting'
From this error in the logValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

Please any help getting this great plug-in working again :cry:
PoWeR

MonkeyFlow Support

Post by PoWeR »

Hi all developers,

Would there be a volonter to continue the support for the great and essential (might I add) : MonkeyFlow?

The combination of MediaMonkey with MonkeyFlow and MonkeyRock is amazing :D
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue May 22, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
PoWeR

Post by PoWeR »

I do not understand, it's been 2 weeks without a single reply, can someone please just tell me what is going on, what am I missing :-?

Is there a plug in that replace this one (I did not find one)?
Is there a better tool to manage your library then MM (I have an Android, so no iTune, and anyway MM is much better)?
The built in Art Browser does not even come close (for me it is unusable, once you select a cover you cannot unselecte it to view all the tracks, unless you reselect).
Am I the only one with this problem - logValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack?

Is there any other developer that would knows about this, please help :cry:
flashk

Post by flashk »

PoWeR wrote:Anyone getting 'Error while connecting'
From this error in the logValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

Please any help getting this great plug-in working again :cry:
I think there is a problem with your MediaMonkey INI file. It should be located in your MediaMonkey user application data folder (e.g. C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini). Open the INI file and look for a section titled MonkeyFlow. Can you paste the contents of that section here?

All the options in that sections should look something like this:

Code: Select all

name=value
The error you are getting seems to indicate that one of the entries is missing the '=' character. If you find an entry with a missing '=', then try removing the line or adding the '=' to the end.
flashk

Re: Image source

Post by flashk »

sanedevil wrote:From where does MonkeyFlow get the images? I have some albums for which it picks up the album art, but not for others. :(
It uses the cover art from the first track of the album.
flashk

Post by flashk »

realdieu wrote:
MonkeyFlow initializes but all the images show up as blank white squares
MonkeyFlow uses certain OpenGL features that are not supported by older or low-end graphics drivers. Make sure your drivers are up to date, and if it still doesn't work then you are out of luck. I am working on a work around for this though.
MonkeyFlow 1.3 is/would be a cool idea. I'm running a pretty robust machine with nVidia's GTX-590 and I get the "blank white squares" effect.
Do you have the latest nVidia drivers installed? You can visit nVidias site to download the latest drivers for your graphics card, http://www.geforce.com/drivers
flashk

Post by flashk »

nixgeek wrote:CPU [one core] is at 100% when running monkeyflow 1.3

Please advise....

Host details
Evga X58 Mobo
Intel I7 Cpu
Nvidia 570 Video Card
12 GB Ram
Mirrored 500GB OS disks.
Could be a graphics driver issue. Make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers installed. Also, there is a power save option in MonkeyFlow to reduce CPU usage at the cost of having lower frame rates.
PoWeR

Post by PoWeR »

flashk wrote:I think there is a problem with your MediaMonkey INI file. It should be located in your MediaMonkey user application data folder (e.g. C:\Users\johndoe\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini). Open the INI file and look for a section titled MonkeyFlow. Can you paste the contents of that section here?
Thanks flashk for getting back to me.

In the process of trying to fix the problem I did a full uninstall:
Deselect MonkeyFlow and close MediaMonkey;
Delete the AppDate/Local/Temp/monkey_cache folder;
Delete the AppDate/Local/MonkeyFlow folder;
Delete the AppDate/Local/Temp/monkeyFlow.log file;
Delete the MonkeyFlow section of the MediaMonkey.ini file.

Then I reinstall:
Start MediaMonkey as Admin;
Select MonkeyFlow, which unpack the folder AppDate/Local/MonkeyFlow;
But it appears that it did not create the MonkeyFlow section of the MediaMonkey.ini?
I also check and I have the right to that file and there no read-only attribute.

Do you know what would cause that, can you give me that section so that I can just copy it in.

Thanks in advance :D
PoWeR

Post by PoWeR »

I just realized that you were refering to the C:\Users\Stephane\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini, there was a [MonkeyFlow] section wich I copied to the C:\Users\Stephane\AppData\Local\MediaMonkey\MediaMonkey.ini, but I still get the same error.

As you recomended, I found that the CoverFlow_Dept did not have a =, so I added =1 (not sure what it does), to the one in the \Local, but still same error.

But when I added =1 under the \Roaming MonkeyFlow started normaly :D

I just do not understand why all the MonkeyFlow files are under \Local but the MediaMonkey files are under both, but the .ini that is used is under \Roaming :-?

Anyway I got it to work again, thanks alot for the help, do you have a paypal account?