Hope I am not getting in over my head. I was just givin a very large library of music (205 gig 40,000+ songs) which is mostly mp4 format. It was setup on Itunes but the copy I was given does not seen to have any program associated with it. I used to use Itunes with my library of approx. 6 gig of mp3 for use on Ipod which I just lost due to retardation (was not backed up). I now have moved to an android phone. I will be using both android and Itunes for music playback in car and boat especialy since I just put a Kenwood head unit in boat that controls android phone thru usb just like ipod.
I am going to back up library on another ext. hard drive before starting any management software and/or music conversions. Once I do that I will install management software (most likley media Monkey)and pair down the library to music I like (probally 3000 to 8000 songs) and save a coppy of that library to a seperate ext. hard drive. Only want to do this one more time.
Now the questions!
1. Will Media Monkey convert mp4 to mp3s (whole library) and keep all associated album art, tags, artist, gerue, ect intact without a loss of music quality?
2. Will Media Monkey sync with ipod without issue including album art ect?
3. Will Media Monkey sync with android phone Motorola Element (Photon) with 32 gig ext sd card without issue ect?
4. Will Media Monkey be able to save an extra copy of paired down library to another hard drive without issue?
5. After new music is added at later date is it difficult to update extra copy of library?
P.S. I know just enough about this stuff to be dangerous!!!
Want to say thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to help answer my questions! I understand it will still be time consuming but I am a very busy person and need to save a little time for wifey, otherwise ...... Mama not happy nobody happy!