dynamic playlists using audioscrobbler suggestions

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Buck Rogers

dynamic playlists using audioscrobbler suggestions

Post by Buck Rogers »

Hi,

a few days ago, i found this piece of software. I really like it. I have Linux installed on another computer. There are a few players (eg amarok), fetching some data from the audiscrobbler neighbours, compare it with your local files on your HDD and creates or enqueues the songs based on the audiscrobbler suggestions. This is a very usefull feature. I found no player/plugin for windows. Is such feature useless??

Greetings

Buck
Peke

Post by Peke »

If I understanded you corectly you want to Import AudioScrobbler neighbours Playlists into MM or some other APP?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Buck Rogers

Post by Buck Rogers »

Yes. Amarok (http://amarok.kde.org) has a function like this. I don´t want to import the complete List from a audioscrobbler neighbour. I just want to add a suggested song.
Sorry for my poor english :)
I will try it with an example:
I am playing the song "clocks" by the artist coldplay. MM asks audioscrobbler for similar artists (http://www.last.fm/music/Coldplay/+similar) and their top tracks.
It compares the tracks with your local music database and enqueues the next x songs from this result to your playlist.
Peke

Post by Peke »

That will be difficult to make but not impossible as it uses LastFM Site for search and info about tracks that will be imported which is at the current state of MM URL Search features not possible.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

Yes, difficult. Great idea but!

Another idea is to just use the last.fm player and when you hear music by similar artists then you just get their music.
Buck Rogers

Post by Buck Rogers »

I just found a project for another (linux) player for this suggestion...

http://www.silverscripting.com/blog/arc ... /projects/

http://www.silverscripting.com/wiki/dok ... =wapc#desc

The script was done with python.

Even look at http://amarok.kde.org/index.php?set_alb ... _photo.php . There is a list of suggested song in the left part of the picture. These suggested songs are based on the current track, the audioscorbbler similar artists and your contont on your hdd.
Josti

Post by Josti »

Great idea, i discovered last.fm recently and it rocks!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Better last.fm integration would be super.

The audioscrobber plugin tells last.fm what you play, but there is nothing in MM that interfaces with last.fm.
judas

Post by judas »

its a really nice suggestion indeed...besides, i really think more should be done in respect to these services that suggest music: the support for shoutcast streaming radio was a step in the right direction, but as i see it the music business is moving towards streaming more and more...theres last.fm, pandora.com (which I strongly recomend) and is not long before satelite radio wins ground on cell phones and that sort of things...so keeping up with the trend might give MM a new competitive edge. I find this suggestion a nice one...it would work like auto-dj only that the songs played would be similar...not a trance right after a mmm...emerson lake and palmer song.

sorry for going off topic there... :-)

judas
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

I like that idea so much that i am going to make a script that i will call it Scrobbler DJ.
It will act like AutoDJ but it will add tracks based on AudioScrobler recomendations

I will keep you informed....
judas

Post by judas »

psyxonova Image
Last edited by judas on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@Judas: the image is not appearing :(
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

seems Im not doing anything right today: spent the entire night watching grand slam tennis and decided i shouldnt sleep as i have to study in a few hours!!!!

the image is showing for me...it might be a bit slow though...¿?

ill check if i can find a replacement...edit: thats it...better now!
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Lol, Judas dont expect anything for the next 4-5 days...
I will do it though.... thats a promise.....
judas

Post by judas »

Lol...no worries psyxonova...ill give feedback and wont let you sleep when its firstly available :-)