Auto Beats DJ 1.4 - Updated 12/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.4 - Updated 12/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

This definitely sounds doable, I'll add it to my list. You're welcome to give it a go, using this script as a basis, if you want, but hopefully I'll get round to it soon.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

Yeah, I may give it a go but I'm still reading the scripting to familiarize myself with the API in MM which you seem to have memorized at this point. LOL I was checking out your addon and your coding and noticed I couldn't see the "Favour Unplayed?" area. I included a link to a screenshot as well & I'm running the latest Media Monkey version.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well I've been scripting for MM for 7 years now, but the API is always growing :)

Hmmm, that's odd, must be something to do with your screen resolution, or skin maybe. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to account for all of them, it seems. Obviously it displays fine on my screen.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

I was thinking the same, has to be the resolution but I did check the skins before I posted so I can definitely say it has to be the resolution.

Edit: Just checked the resolution and reinstalled the addon but it is neither, it's the program itself.
ariesboy

Re: Auto Beats DJ 1.0 - Created 29/03/2010

Post by ariesboy »

Vyper wrote:Can a function be built in for it to ignore tracks without a BPM? Or give you some kind of indication? 'Cause you just know someone is gonna do it and then complain about it. ;)

same query.....
iphone spy software provides you with a host of loggers which are designed to monitor and log information about operations conducted on the target phone.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well the script ignores tracks without a BPM, unless it can't find any with a BPM which matches the criteria, and then it selects a track at random.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@PorkNBeans
See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7181 and along with trixmoto scripting capabilities I would be in DJ Heaven. Than again it would kill the thrill of mixing itself.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

Peke wrote:@PorkNBeans
See http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=7181 and along with trixmoto scripting capabilities I would be in DJ Heaven. Than again it would kill the thrill of mixing itself.
Not really, it wouldn't kill the thrill of mixing but I thought the same thing when I first heard of Mixed in Key & it took me awhile before I actually bought it. As a DJ the key recognition takes away the task of remembering what songs go together or having to toss around files/vinyls but mixing it in on the downbeat still has to be done, something an add-on cannot do. I've used Mixed in Key for over a year now and it is a gift from God as I've found things that went together that I never would've known because as a DJ and at gigs sometimes you just have to play out of your genre & I never ever mix out at the end of a song it's always on a downbeat, I wanted to kick myself for not pulling the trigger on Mixed in Key long before I did because it actually made mixing even more fun than it already was.

I've been around way before digital DJing hit the scene and hell even before the compact disc era (lol),I can tell you from first hand accounts that you can tell skill from auto sync DJ's real easy. I'm only interested in having it play in key so that when I am working on the PC I can just have some random music play that will be in key, it's hard to explain but I'll try my best. When you hear a series of tunes in key it just flows right and keeps you in a trance and focused. As soon as that song is off key you will unknowingly recognize it and get distracted by it (at least in my case) & best way I can explain it is when you're listening to music and working and don't even realize another song played and the other is over because it was in key and you just fell into the music.

I'm still studying the API and it is fairly straightforward but not comfortable enough to start playing with the already coded work of Triximoto.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Frankly said I really miss tossing the records(Mostly CDs in my case) around. That adrenalin rush that you have exactly 13 Sec. window to match beat and key and feel euphoria from the crowd below before all goes down to drain.

I started early in 90's and obtaining quality LPs in Serbia was equal to 0 so I mostly used CDs or borrowed LPs after '98 I was mostly working as Radio DJ. Maybe you are right. Programer in me tells me that then it was more interesting and unpredictable, today with right set of tools you can make miracles but it really sound cold especially as you know that someone created weekend 48h playlist and no one is in studio, where I remember that even in night shifts there was at least 5 people to satisfy your listeners heartbeats.

Sent you PM. To hear some of my work.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PorkNBeans

Post by PorkNBeans »

Peke wrote:Hi,
Frankly said I really miss tossing the records(Mostly CDs in my case) around. That adrenalin rush that you have exactly 13 Sec. window to match beat and key and feel euphoria from the crowd below before all goes down to drain.

I started early in 90's and obtaining quality LPs in Serbia was equal to 0 so I mostly used CDs or borrowed LPs after '98 I was mostly working as Radio DJ. Maybe you are right. Programer in me tells me that then it was more interesting and unpredictable, today with right set of tools you can make miracles but it really sound cold especially as you know that someone created weekend 48h playlist and no one is in studio, where I remember that even in night shifts there was at least 5 people to satisfy your listeners heartbeats.

Sent you PM. To hear some of my work.
I will definitely agree with you there with missing the grab and swap from the crates, the labeling on the LP, nothing beats that or the finding of rare gems and breakbeats when LP hunting. Nothing ever beat that rush or even comes close to it! I grew up living 15 minutes from Manhattan New York, was just a hop on the train away. It really made finding LP stores a breeze, there is still a huge LP collection at a store in Manhattan called Rock & Soul which is still a great store to pick up DJ gear they have some big names show up there from time to time & even have live DJ Shows in the store which is cool. I started relatively near the same time as you, 86 was when I first played with turntables and been hooked since & when I first used Serato it was such a blessing to not have to pick and choose from my collection and lug crates around, it made things so damn convenient.
anonymust

Post by anonymust »

Just Installed :)

Thank you!
"MediaMonkey is the shizzle my nizzle" - Snoop Dogg
sirs2k

Post by sirs2k »

I just installed it but it's not showing up in the Auto DJ window.
Surprisingly, this is the only way I can find that will allow me to play next tracks based on BPM, any help is much appreciated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If the installer has failed for some reason, you could do it manually. There's an article on the knowledge base here (http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ns--addons) and there's instructions at the top of the script file as well, if you open it in notepad or something similar.
sirs2k

Post by sirs2k »

Thanks for that, it works now.

However it's not really detecting songs based on their BPM. What am I doing wrong?
Are there any other options out there that will allow me to play similar music?

Thanks
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script only selects songs that have been tagged with a BPM, it doesn't calculate the BPM itself. Are your tracks tagged accordingly?