MP3 Tunes Locker 1.3 - Updated 12/03/2011

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

mmusertx

Re: MP3 Tunes Locker 1.2 - Updated 27/02/2011

Post by mmusertx »

Is there a way to upload playlist into mp3tunes from MM?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Not yet, but it should be possible to add playlist support in the next version, I'll see what I can do.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
mmusertx

Post by mmusertx »

I've never done programming of this type, but I'm a unix admin and have written ksh,csh,sh,perl,expect scripts for 26 years so if you need help I'd gladly volunteer -- you'll have to bring me up to speed
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've already added the node for displaying playlists, I'm just working on creating/editing them now. Creating should be simple enough, but synching the tracks could get a little messy.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
mmusertx

Post by mmusertx »

Agreed, the syncing will be the issue. Thanks for all of your work. I really appreciate it.
trixmoto

Re: MP3 Tunes Locker 1.3 - Updated 12/03/2011

Post by trixmoto »

New version (1.3) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Added playlist node to list playlists
- Added option to playlist "send to" menu to upload playlists
- Added handler for removing playlists
- Added check for uploading duplicate tracks

Playlist synchronisation is not automatic, but if you upload a playlist from MM then it will be linked to the playlist in your locker. This means that if you then upload the playlist again, the playlist will be updated and the tracklists synchronised, instead of creating a new playlist. As this is handled by ID, you can change the playlist name in MM and this will also be updated in the locker (next time you upload it), but not vice versa.
mmusertx

Post by mmusertx »

Just getting ready to try it. Thanks for such a speedy response.
wbmccarty

Post by wbmccarty »

This is an awesome add-on. But it's only partially working for me. It logs into my account and downloads the artists, albums, and playlists. But when I try to play from MP3Tunes, I don't hear anything. After a few seconds, the next track in the playlist is highlighted. This repeats until the playlist is exhausted. It's as though the track is playing at high speed into the bit bucket.

I've also noticed that I can't play tracks from the lists of Artists and Albums, only from Playlists. But perhaps this is a design decision.

Just for fun, I copied and pasted the URL of a track, given in the Properties dialog box, into a web browser's address bar. The browser didn't fetch the URL contents and the track did not play. I don't know if that operation SHOULD work but it seemed like a good idea to try it. The URL that I tried is http://content.mp3tunes.com/storage/loc ... 1529827848.

What else can I try to coax the script into working or help troubleshoot it? Thanks!

P.S. After silently playing a track, the color of the track is changed to light gray. So it appears that the script or MM knows that the track could not be accessed.
wbmccarty

Post by wbmccarty »

I've played with this problem a bit and I've noticed one thing that seems wrong. The value of the partner_token attribute is doubled in the URL. However, correcting that problem is not enough to make the script work.

UPDATE: My observation was complicate by an unknown factor and was incorrect. Correcting the doubled attribute yields a valid URL that works properly.
Last edited by wbmccarty on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wbmccarty

Post by wbmccarty »

Okay, I see what needs to be fixed and think it should be simple. I used the MP3Tunes mobile player (http://www.mp3tunes.com/locker/cb/index_pda) to find the URL of a song. Inspecting a song URL, I determined the correct value of the partner_token attribute. In a sample URL created by the script, I replaced the value of the partner_token attribute with the one I found by inspection. The resulting URL plays the song, as it should. So, the problem is that the script is not inserting the correct value for the partner_token attibute.

Is anyone up to making the repair?
wbmccartyt

Post by wbmccartyt »

I've played a bit with the VBS script--enough to determine that fixing the duplicated Partner Key attribute value does repair the problem I reported. I don't yet understand the code well enough to offer a repair that I can stand by, which I hope the author, Trixmoto, will supply. And, of course, unless the script is open source, and I see no evidence that it is, I don't have the legal right to create and publish a derivative work, even one that fixes a problem.

However, I don't see any reason why I can't disclose the fix I made, so here it is. I changed line 1190 of the VBS script from:

Code: Select all

pu = GetText(itm.getElementsByTagName("playURL").Item(0))&pid
to:

Code: Select all

pu = GetText(itm.getElementsByTagName("playURL").Item(0))
However, that change wasn't enough to achieve MP3Tunes bliss. I found several additional bugs which may be easy or hard to fix; I don't know. Here's the first: In about 10% of cases, the URL associated with a song is incorrect. I don't find anything obviously wrong with the syntax, so to speak, of the URL. So the cause of this problem is obscure.

I also find that every song within a playlist has the same Album name. I suspect that the name of the album of the first song in the playlist is being used for every subsequent song in the playlist.

Although it's by no means a bug, I would like to be able to play songs that aren't part of a playlist or, alternatively, to be able to create playlists from within MM. It's possible that the script supports either or both of these functions and I just can't figure out how to use them. But, I suspect these would be additional functions. I have no idea how hard it might be to add them, whether they could be added at all, or whether Trixmoto has any interest in adding these functions. But, I really like the idea and design of this script and hope that it can be maintained and even improved.

Cheers,
wbmccarty

Post by wbmccarty »

Phooey. I got logged out and then mistyped my user name, so that I don't own my preceding post and so can't edit it. I was going to add a postscript saying that I'd be happy to help with the work of fixing, maintaining, and extending the script if Trixmoto likes. I don't like armchair quarterbacks and don't wish to become one myself. :)
anlop

Post by anlop »

Any updates of the script? I have installed it and I can´t play songs from the mp3tunes cloud.

I think this is a very important feature for MediaMonkey because provide a similar functionality than Spotify player with the same songs and playlist in every pc you use (for example at home and at work).

Today almost all the job of the script is done, only needs an update to ability play songs from the cloud, what about open source the script?

Thanks!
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

anlop wrote:Any updates of the script? I have installed it and I can´t play songs from the mp3tunes cloud.
Maybe the problem is caused by the fact that MP3tunes filed for bankruptcy protection some months ago?
anlop

Post by anlop »

But there are some third party applications like amarok and some android players that work fine playing songs from mp3tunes cloud. I think the service it's ok.