Song repeats in 12 second intervals

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Aff

Re: Song repeats in 12 second intervals

Post by Aff »

Peke wrote:Delete/rename f_flac_codec.dll, leave f_flac.dll, and add in_flac.dll.
Synching some flac tracks, I got two messages titled "FLAC Plug-in Error" with "Error while stopping decoding thread" and MM froze. This seems to happen randomly (e.g. after 850 tracks).
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

Similar problem here. Song repeats last 10-odd seconds, but only under specific circumstances:

Resume from hibernation, MM plays automatically, with Auto DJ puling songs from a playlist. Last 10 seconds of a song will repeat once. Happens for every song until I interact with MM, typically selecting a fast forward or reverse song selection, after which song ends normally and all is OK. Using the Mediamonkey output plugin. This situation seems robust and repeated over several hibernate and close/restart cycles.

Switched to the Wave output plugin and no problem so far but further testing needed to exactly reproduce the original circumstances with the MM output plugin.

Matt
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.

Post by Guest »

I had the issue with any streaming radio, not with mp3's. Switching from primary sounddriver to my Realtek sounddriver solved it.

tools > options > player / outputplug-ins > double click mediamonkey directsound output > in the top dropdownmenu select your soundcards driver. Give it a shot...
tahoe99

Post by tahoe99 »

I had similar problem. Playing mp3 files from hard drive, MM would hang and start looping songs, especially when I tried to go to next song by double clicking. Once it hung, I would get "MM not responding" and screen would dim. I have a new computer with win7, and had changed display from the default aero theme to windows classic theme (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization). I changed back to the default aero windows theme, and have not had the problem since.
remixedcat

Post by remixedcat »

Is this with VBR files? some media players have fits with them.

Post by Guest »

I am having this issue with flac files glitching and looping as well (I don't listen to streaming radio). It is strange, though, because it seems to have started out of the blue. Things were fine a few weeks ago.

I noticed it for the first time when I tried selecting a different playback device in Windows. However, this might be coincidental because the problem persisted after switching back to the original playback device (and having tried restarting, etc). It happens now regardless which playback device is selected, whether selected through windows or through the settings of the waveout and/or directsound output plugins.

I was using an earlier version of 3.2 when I first noticed it. I'm not sure which exact build because I've since overwritten it with the latest version (3.2.2.1300), thinking that it would help, but it hasn't.

I'm also unsure whether it's something to do with the flac input plugin or player output. Other people having issues with streaming radio would suggest that it is an output issue, unless that's a separate problem with related symptoms.

I have volume-leveled playback turned off, although my flac tracks all of volume leveling info stored in them.

Per suggestions earlier in the thread: I get no playback at all when I try using Winamp's flac plugin. I tried deleting f_flac_codec.dll from the Mediamonkey plugins folder and placing a copy of in_flac.dll. Then I tried renaming in_flac.dll to f_flac_codec.dll. Then I tried both the aforementioned without the presence of f_flac.dll.

Except temporarily, I do not have the option of going to another media player as Mediamonkey is the only program that handles massive libraries smoothly

Heeeelp
dseuss

Post by dseuss »

There is another thread on this problem in the support forum: when a track is being rated particularly near the end of the track, it hangs and repeats the last 10-20 seconds over and over. The suggestion was made in that thread to change the priority of MM in the task manager to "high" from normal (open task manager, right click on the mediamonkey process, and set the priority) and that worked for the original poster. I am trying it now (I have the same problem with MP3 files on a Win-7 64 bit machine) and the initial result is positive, though since it doesn't always happen I need to wait a little while to be sure that fixed it.
dseuss

Post by dseuss »

This fixed it for me. Open task manager and set the mediamonkey process to High (not realtime on windows 7). Hang up near the end of songs ended instanly.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

dseuss wrote:This fixed it for me. Open task manager and set the mediamonkey process to High (not realtime on windows 7). Hang up near the end of songs ended instanly.
this is telling me that monkey is having trouble filling the buffer fast enough in normal time and its repeating until it can
get the next song filling in the buffer to start or it will go until it crashes. :o

i think maybe monkeys motorscooter is not able to get over that speed bump with out a push from someone. :lol:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MattTown

Post by MattTown »

I have just had MMV4.1459 do this to me. MM is set up with AutoDJ playing from from an autoplaylist. It had been running for an hour (no interaction from me since bringing the PC out of hibernation) and just started repeating the last 12 secs of one song. MM froze and I had to kill it with Task Manager. When I restarted MM4, it froze at the splash screen. When I went to reboot the computer, I found that the splash screen was hiding a similarly-centre of screen error message dialog box ("Cannot replace image") that I coudn't get to under the splash screen, and you can't move the splash screen to get to the dialog box! Grr.

Worked fine after a reboot.

XP SP3 2GB. No other apps running.
MM 2024.3003 (WEF 9 Mar 2024, Portable Mode), Gold lifetime license, user since 2009.
Currently 25K files. Library and music files are on a separate partition (E:\) on external USB drive.
Windows Surface Book (Original), i5, 8GB RAM, 250GB SSD.
Win10 Home 64 bit, update: 22H2 19045.3570
MMA 2.0.0.1103, Android 13 on Nokia XR20, music files on SD card.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log (step 4b) to support if you can reproduce: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

For splash screen blocking dialogs you can use the /nosplash command line: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=45
kyinaire

Post by kyinaire »

I get the same problem, but only when I leave MM on and go do something else. It might have to do with my computer's energy settings (Win7 Ultimate, always use default Balanced). I think MM and Win7 sleep/low energy mode are conflicting.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

kyinaire wrote:I get the same problem
Lowlander wrote:Send a debug log (step 4b) to support if you can reproduce: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

Post by Guest »

:P I interact with MM, typically selecting a fast forward or reverse song selection, This situation seems robust and repeated over several hibernate and close/restart cycles. :D
Kadano

Post by Kadano »

Peke wrote:Delete/rename f_flac_codec.dll, leave f_flac.dll, and add in_flac.dll.
Please report back.
I had the flac skipping problem after a clean reinstall of Windows 7. The only audio programs I installed are Realtek drivers. This fixed it for me.