Growl For Windows Notification 1.4

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

reneald

Re: Growl For Windows Notification 1.4

Post by reneald »

Never mind. I didn't read the last posts in this thread. Moved the files to the specified folder and it works now.
starsoccer

Post by starsoccer »

I have the same problem. Also I am running 64bit if that could matter.

I fixed it by deleting the folder of scripts in roaming. if that doesnt work do the same thing for the scripts in program files
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

Just wanted to note that the script works with Snarl without any modifications as well.
CitizenDee

Post by CitizenDee »

Just to add to this, if you register MediaMonkey with Growl first, you can setup an event for a track change. You can then have the Growl notification titled "MediaMonkey" instead of "GrowlNotify" and can add something meaningful before the track name.

To do this change the growlnotify line in the script to (and I'm remembering this from having done it a while ago so there may be an error here)

Code: Select all

cmd = chr(34)&loc&"\growlnotify.exe"&chr(34)&" /t:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing..."&chr(34)&" /i:"&chr(34)&bar&chr(34)&" "&chr(34)&arti&"\n"&"''"&name&"''\n"&albu&chr(34)&" /a:"&chr(34)&"MediaMonkey"&chr(34)&" /r:"&chr(34)&"New Track"&chr(34)
This registers the application as "MediaMonkey" and creates a new event called "New Track" that you can see in the Growl UI after running the above. You should only have to run that once, then change the line to

Code: Select all

cmd = chr(34)&loc&"\growlnotify.exe"&chr(34)&" /t:"&chr(34)&"Now Playing..."&chr(34)&" /i:"&chr(34)&bar&chr(34)&" "&chr(34)&arti&"\n"&"''"&name&"''\n"&albu&chr(34)&" /a:"&chr(34)&"MediaMonkey"&chr(34)&" /n:"&chr(34)&"New Track"&chr(34)
and leave it that way. This tells Growl that the registered program is calling a notification for the event you created above, with the title of "Now Playing..." (which you can also change to whatever you want.

Cheers,
D