How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Chips

Re: "Play playlist from start" script not working

Post by Chips »

no use.
does it matter: "Program Files" or "Program Files (86x)"
Chips

Post by Chips »

Script is waiting for "something. MM is running and in open window
Chips

Post by Chips »

according the script, there should be ""HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaMonkey_is1\InstallLocation"", but there is no such set in reg.
Chips

Post by Chips »

other command scripts work, just not "play playlist from start"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't remember ever having seen this script, where did you find it (you should ask script questions in the scripts forum thread)?
Chips

Post by Chips »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 182#p25182
windows schedule scripts
by the "late" "rovingcowboy"
This is the script:
NAME: Mediamonkey Scheduled Playlist Start v1.1
'
' AUTHOR: Peke
' DATE : 16.10.2005
'
' INSTALL: 1. Read info above line with 'Playlist ='
' 2. Just start Script in Scheduled time and MediaMonkey Will play
' desired playlist.
'
' COMMENT: This is third party Windows Host Script that takes advantage of
' MediaMonkey to play desired Playlist at desired time.
'
' NOTE: Mediamonkey needs to be started before script executes
'
'==========================================================================
If WSH.Arguments.Count > 0 Then
Dim SDB, WSHShell, MMpath, Command, Result, Songs, i
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Result = WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey")
If Not(Result) Then
MMpath = WSHShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaMonkey_is1\InstallLocation")
If MMpath <> "" Then
Command = Chr(34)&MMpath&"mediamonkey.exe"&Chr(34)
Result = WSHShell.Run(Command,1,0)
While WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey") = False
Wend
End If
End If
WSHShell = Null
Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = False
SDB.player.playlistclear
For i = 0 To (WSH.Arguments.Count-1)
sdb.player.playlistaddtracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle(WSH.Arguments.Item(i)).tracks)
Next
If SDB.Player.isPlaying or SDB.Player.isPaused Then
SDB.Player.Stop
End If
Sdb.player.currentSongIndex = 0
SDB.player.Play
If SDB.player.currentSongIndex > 0 Then
SDB.player.currentSongIndex = 0
End If
End If

I thought this would fix it, but no:
Mediamonkey Scheduled Playlist Start v1.1
'
' AUTHOR: Peke
' DATE : 16.10.2005
'
' INSTALL: 1. Read info above line with 'Playlist ='
' 2. Just start Script in Scheduled time and MediaMonkey Will play
' desired playlist.
'
' COMMENT: This is third party Windows Host Script that takes advantage of
' MediaMonkey to play desired Playlist at desired time.
'
' NOTE: Mediamonkey needs to be started before script executes
'
'==========================================================================
If WSH.Arguments.Count > 0 Then
Dim SDB, WSHShell, MMpath, Command, Result, Songs, i
Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Result = WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey")
If Not(Result) Then
MMpath = WSHShell.RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MediaMonkey_is1\InstallLocation")
If MMpath <> "" Then
Command = Chr(34)&MMpath&"mediamonkey.exe"&Chr(34)
Result = WSHShell.Run(Command,1,0)
While WSHShell.AppActivate("MediaMonkey") = False
Wend
End If
End If
WSHShell = Null
Set SDB = CreateObject("SongsDB.SDBApplication")
SDB.ShutdownAfterDisconnect = False
SDB.player.playlistclear
For i = 0 To (WSH.Arguments.Count-1)
sdb.player.playlistaddtracks(SDB.PlaylistByTitle(WSH.Arguments.Item(i)).tracks)
Next
If SDB.Player.isPlaying or SDB.Player.isPaused Then
SDB.Player.Stop
End If
Sdb.player.currentSongIndex = 0
SDB.player.Play
If SDB.player.currentSongIndex > 0 Then
SDB.player.currentSongIndex = 0
End If
End If
Anyone?
"Windows 7 64x sp1"
rovingcowboy

Re: How to use Windows Scheduler and MM Playlists

Post by rovingcowboy »

Who said im late? That is pekes v1.1 of script its only for one list in script at a time, i use it for its simple way of editing it, but it takes one copy of the script for each playlist change try using pekes v2 of script where you are able to type in multiple playlists to one script,, it should be the script exe you download in first post of this thread. The only thing i did to his script when i sent that to you was add instructions comments at top all coding is pekes, but i see in what you posted the top line " name..... needs to have ' in front of it like the other comment lines and blank lines even the blank line at top of notepad the (if wsh) line is start of code and should not have ' as its first character, because the ' signifys statement for human to read not computer. But peke should be the one you ask for help on his script. I was just helping answer how to use it so he could deal with making other great scripts,
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Chips

Post by Chips »

rovingcowboy wrote:Who said im late? That is pekes v1.1 of script its only for one list in script at a time, i use it for its simple way of editing it, but it takes one copy of the script for each playlist change try using pekes v2 of script where you are able to type in multiple playlists to one script,, it should be the script exe you download in first post of this thread. The only thing i did to his script when i sent that to you was add instructions comments at top all coding is pekes, but i see in what you posted the top line " name..... needs to have ' in front of it like the other comment lines and blank lines even the blank line at top of notepad the (if wsh) line is start of code and should not have ' as its first character, because the ' signifys statement for human to read not computer. But peke should be the one you ask for help on his script. I was just helping answer how to use it so he could deal with making other great scripts,
how to contact peke?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Chips wrote: how to contact peke?
You just did i believe by posting here, but you could also send him a pm just click on his name when your signed in to forum and then click leave personal message, 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Chips

Post by Chips »

Reinstalled MM, and by wonder, all is well again.
beats me what it was.
But, ok, for now.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

If reinstall of mm fixed it then over time something you been updating has caused bit rotted files that mm shares in use with that other program, and the bit rot caused mm to mess up, over installing or as you did a reinstall replaces mm's info in to those bit rotted files or replaces the files with new ones so mm will see his info and work again. Glad it is working for you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Wow, 7 Years and works :) This script uses old old way to interacts with MM and needs to be updated, but unfortunately I do not have time for that :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Ya knows what they say.!!!

If'in it aint busted don't sick ya fingers in it. 8) :lol:

Well thats redneck way of saying it but,

If it aint broke don't fix it. :)
spiredem

Post by spiredem »

I need background music to be played on a constant, ongoing basis, something like this:

Every Day:
8am to 2pm play Playlist A (shuffled) - at 2pm Fade Out Playlist A.
2pm to 5pm play Playlist B (shuffled) - at 5pm Fade Out Playlist B.
5pm to 8am (*Next Day) play Playlist C (shuffled) - at 8am Fade Out Playlist C.

Will the steps/script discussed allow this, especially the volume fade out?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Yes just make playlist in the auto playlists. Then add their name in to pekes script. Make a task job to start mediamonkey 1 minute prior to starting any music playlists as monkey needs to be up and running to see the code to starrt the playlist. Also make a job to run the script to close monkey but change to a playlist of silent / blank song files to help protect the songs from being cut when closing mm but volume fade do you mean between 2 songs? If you do then that is called crossfade in MediaMonkey. And is done without script usage. I use the silent files between every playlist change too. It will take some time to get use to setting up but it is simple. Yes I'm still doing this I'm at 350 to 400 playlists now . :D

Just re read your post. I suggest that you stop at night for so many hours depending on the speed of the computer cpu. And run the defragmentor and an auto cleaning program like ccleaner. And restart the system after the defragmenting playing music fragments the files on the hd really bad and in a month of playing like you said you want to. I had 4 hds fragmented enough that they stopped the system. Now i run maintatance every night no trouble with fragmentation now.

also if you have tons of scheduled tasks ms scheduler might crash so get the free (system scheduler) it's better.
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.