How to stream MediaMonkey playlist to ROKU

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

lorie

How to stream MediaMonkey playlist to ROKU

Post by lorie »

So far, all of the information I have found indicates I should use something called SoundBridge. However, a search for this revealed that as of Jan 2012 it is no longer available for ROKU. So does anyone have any other suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: How to stream MediaMonkey playlist to ROKU

Post by Lowlander »

What Roku device do you have and does it support DLNA? If it does just setup a Media Server in MediaMonkey and share the Playlists you wish to stream: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ervers/4.0
lorie

Post by lorie »

I have the ROKU 2 XS... which, on doing further research, I see does not support DNLA. ROKU recommends an internet channel called Plex; but I have not been able to get that to connect either. (It requires setting up its own server, which my ROKU cannot seem to 'discover'.)

Guess I'll have to try to find a device that supports DNLA, as I'd much rather use my MM library than some online storage... Thanks for your reply and any other suggestions are welcome.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I believe you're right, I've looked at Roku in the past as I was a satisfied Soundbridge Radio owner, but they didn't seem to support DLNA which was a deal breaker for me.
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

lorie wrote:any other suggestions are welcome.
Do you want an audio-only device or should it play video as well?

BTW: Roku SoundBridges can still be found on eBay.
lorie

Post by lorie »

Audio only would be fine, as I already have the ROKU for video (which, it turns out, I rarely use anyway... :-? ) Thanks
khelsing

Post by khelsing »

Grace Digital offer a nice range of internet radios/audio streamers which are UPnP-AV compliant and therefore will work with MediaMonkey. However, these devices aren't as sophisticated as Roku's SoundBridges, so you might also consider buying one of these from eBay. Several home audio manufacturers like Onkyo or Pioneer also offer DLNA compliant devices.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

I have and like the Sony SMP-N200. DLNA Music and Video support. little bigger than a roku physically but more capable for DLNA.