Feedback on Android app for MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Degeim

Re: Feedback on Android app for MediaMonkey

Post by Degeim »

AdmiralCrunch: Thank you very much, it is much appreciated. I am investigating the possibility of streaming audio, but I can't promise anything yet. Hopefully I will be able to implement it in a not too distant future.

Sirandar: The search is being improved a lot in the next version, and searching by stars instead of percentage is a good idea. I'll fix that. As for improvements, I have a couple of them coming, but I am also working hard to polish it and fix the small stuff. It's all in the details! ;)
BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon »

yeah, great idea! I gave it a try, installed the app and the server, but I keep getting the message that the server couldn't find the monkey.
I have MM4 Gold Portable installed in a seperate folder ( c:\MediaMonkey4\ ), maybe that has something to do with it..?
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

BlueDragon: Could you please contact me on my e-mail? It's a bit inconvenient both for us and for the other forum goers if we run through all the solution steps here. It's erlend.dahl, then the gmail suffix (I won't write it fully here, since the spam bots are everywhere!). If you start by sending me your log file (http://mmremote.net/FAQ#findlog), I'll probably be able to help you out pretty quickly.
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

Just bought MM Gold and always love a remote so I'll give yours a try. One question though, will it work on a tablet too? I've got a Toshiba Thrive that I don't use for much and always thought it would make a great remote for iTunes (which is what I'm switching to MonkeyMedia from). Since it usually is docked and charged, using it wouldn't take up any battery life from my Android naturally!

:wink:
NWDreamer

Post by NWDreamer »

While trying (and still failing) to get the server and my android to connect, I found the website that answered my question above (and, naturally, I'm happy with that answer!).

Now if I can only figure out why the server window says "Network Inactive" even though I've entered the correct IP and changed the port to one I know the firewall lets through... Haven't given up yet.
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
Degeim

Post by Degeim »

I guess you're the same NWDreamer who just contacted me on my own forum. I'm sorry I didn't notice your questions earlier -- I don't usually remember to check this thread very often. ;)
RobHayes

Post by RobHayes »

Unified Remote has a MediaMonkey remote.
I also use MediaHouse to stream my MediaMonkey library over wifi to my droid.
cobooboc

Post by cobooboc »

RobHayes wrote:Unified Remote has a MediaMonkey remote.
I also use MediaHouse to stream my MediaMonkey library over wifi to my droid.
wow,That I admire you, you will actually with the use MediaHouse to stream your MediaMonkey library over wifi to your droid and I think that is pretty cool.but how to do it?
elton.sucek

Post by elton.sucek »

Your app seems to be nice, I tested a little, but seems that it dont write ratings directly in the file tag. This is a must feature for me, as I use remotes to rate songs and keep my library synchronized with a notebook.

Its also nice to have a fast reconnect when wifi is turned off by screen or juice defender, for example.

Anyway, keep up with your good work.
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

Have you guys tried TunesRemote+ for Android with MonkeyTunes?

http://melloware.com/monkeytunes/
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
alice112

Post by alice112 »

Degeim wrote:Hi there!

I've been working on an android mobile app remote for MediaMonkey for a while now, and after some persuasion from my friends, I finally got around to publish it on Google Play last week. And, to my surprise, it looks like there is a lot of people interested in such an app!

However, I realize that it is still a very simple app, and I would like to hear what people would want in such an app. And where is better to ask such a question than in the MediaMonkey forum? :D

If you haven't seen the app yet (and you probably haven't), you can take a look here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... remotefree

I would love to get suggestions for further improvements of the app!

Hello
I used the application which you provided. It is fantastic and user-friendly.