MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time fix

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

AnthonyM1229

Re: MegaDJ v2.56 [MM3+4] Xmas-2011: WinXP/7/Vista, better ra

Post by AnthonyM1229 »

@Rollerphant:

What have you tried so far for the query? I'm thinking so far that this may be impossible, unless you first set up child nodes for each AlbumArtist, which could easily be a laborious process. Even if you can automate that part with something like MagicNodes, I don't know if MegaDJ would be able to interact with those nodes. But, my thinking is, if you can have MegaDJ nodes for each AlbumArtist, then you can create a master node that rotates X number of tracks from each of those AlbumArtist nodes.

Perhaps twinbee may have other ideas, however. I hope you're able to figure this out! If I think of anything else too, I'll let you know.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.56 [MM3+4] Xmas-2011: WinXP/7/Vista, better ra

Post by twinbee »

Based on a specifed MM Playlist, or a specific file directory,
Play X number of tracks by any AlbumArtist
lather, rinse, repeat
As you probably know, MegaDJ can handle the file path as a field, so something like this is possible:
SongPath~'blah' && AlbumArtist~'blah'

However, I'm guessing after the first batch is played through, you want the SongPath to automatically change? As Anthony said, 'fraid that's not possible currently. You would need to set the nodes up yourself. Maybe MagicNodes can offer what you want...
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.57 [MM3+4] 2012: WinXP/7/Vista, better random

Post by twinbee »

Forgot to say before that 2.57 is out. This fixed the bug in 2.56 where a DLL is needed that the user may not have, thus causing MegaDJ not to load at all.

Download and install instructions for MegaDJ v2.57 from here as usual:
http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj/

Happy new year all! :D
MegaDJ v2 - Lightning fast and easy to use search to replace the standard AutoPlaylist. Features include random jukebox style playlists, along with syncing, weighting options, and logic complete querying.
twinbee

Re: MegaDJ v2.59 [MM3+4] 2012: Better compatibility + time f

Post by twinbee »

A couple of new releases brings us to 2.59.

There were some time issues relating to local/global time, so that's been sorted. Also, I think the latest MM changed the main scripts path to the standard users path (rather than the "Program Files" path), so this release takes that into account.

Download in the usual way (or upgrade straight from MM).

http://www.skytopia.com/software/megadj/
lumper5

Post by lumper5 »

Perhaps I missed the following while browsing this topic, but I did not see it covered. How to filter MegaDJ in MM 4.x so that only music type is selected. I've tried a query filer of MediaType=music but that only returns an empty list. I've tried variations on Type='Music" &tc, but nothing seems to work. I want to filter MegaDJ to exclude AudioBooks, Classical Music, Podcasts and other media types and only select Music. Suggestions?
UnderCoverGuy

Post by UnderCoverGuy »

I know this thread is old, but I just came across MDJ and wondered if it was possible to create a node that has duplicates in it (using ratings for the math)? My goal is to have a node that contains all of my tracks which are not BOMBS (so math filter for the number of tunes isn't constant), but I want tracks with a rating of 5 to exist in the node 5 times, those with a rating of 4 are there 4 times, etc. My end goal is for MMW to play the tracks with a higher rating more frequently then those with a lower rating (not necessarily to exclude lower-rated tracks from the node/playlist, just don't play them as often).

Is that doable with MDJ?

Thanks
electricessence

Post by electricessence »

lumper5 wrote:Perhaps I missed the following while browsing this topic, but I did not see it covered. How to filter MegaDJ in MM 4.x so that only music type is selected. I've tried a query filer of MediaType=music but that only returns an empty list. I've tried variations on Type='Music" &tc, but nothing seems to work. I want to filter MegaDJ to exclude AudioBooks, Classical Music, Podcasts and other media types and only select Music. Suggestions?
I'm having the same issue. I thought for a second that maybe it was an enumeration and did MediaType=0 but then I still saw audio books in the list. Would be helpful to fix this.
electricessence

Post by electricessence »

One missing piece.

All I need is: ArtistLastPlaygedAge and AlbumLastPlayedAge.
With that, I'm done and happy. :)