Disable Pop-up when running as Mini-Player [#10316]

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Disable Pop-up when running as Mini-Player [#10316]

Post by mcow »

Mini-Player is always on top. Mini-Player (at least with Vitreous) shows art, artist, title. Having the Pop-up repeat that info (especially art) is redundant.
As the Pop-up known to be problematic (e.g. <http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=3491>), any opportunity to reasonably suppress it should be taken.
rovingcowboy

Re: Disable Pop-up when running as Mini-Player

Post by rovingcowboy »

The option to show it only if inactive doesnt work??
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Yeah I hate the pop up and don't see the reason for it. I've looked at all options and it always pops up
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

JCfantasy23 wrote:Yeah I hate the pop up and don't see the reason for it. I've looked at all options and it always pops up
It can be disabled at Options > Player.

It seems to me that the original request to disable the pop-up only while the mini-player is active is a good request that makes sense as the pop-up is redundant in that use-case scenario.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
DreadM

Re: Disable Pop-up when running as Mini-Player [#10316]

Post by DreadM »

It's a good idea ,
but would be nice to have option to disable it or not, :wink:
the reason for this is , when we use a miniplayer without a title info ( i made several resizable players the last time ),
we could see what's played !