TRACK 8 Skin v.1.0 (11-10-12)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

TRACK 8 Skin v.1.0 (11-10-12)

Post by CoachUK »

First released: 11-10-2012

Current version: 1.0

Last Update: 11-10-2012

Just an indulgence of my fondness for large players and that 'touchy-feely' look.

A version with a more conventional player is also included, as are MonkeyRok & LyricsViewer skins.

Many thanks to DreadM for his idea on a resizable Float Player as seen in his excellent Okton skin.

This is a truly a Marmite skin...you'll either love it or hate it. If you love it, enjoy....if you hate it, don't download it.

TRACK8

TRACK8 Player & Float Player
Image Image

TRACK8_SP

DOWNLOADS:

Track8
Track8_SP
MonkeyRok
LyricsViewer
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
rrfpacker

Re: TRACK 8 Skin v.1.0 (11-10-12)

Post by rrfpacker »

Loving the Track8 version. Thank you. Great color and the turntable in the album art is awesome.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

I find these absolutely stunning! Thank you :D
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@JCfantasy23 - Glad you like the skin & for taking the time to say so.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work on this skin!
Thank you.
--
The gpzbc
Makeetelich

Post by Makeetelich »

Hi,

I'm fairly new to MM4.1 so bare with me. I tried to make my MM4.1 look like Coach's Track8 1.0. Really very, very impressive! Yet I wouldn't be here if I didn't succeed in full so here's my issues :-?

I installed the skin without any problem as well as Monkeyrok and the Lyrics Viewer. Question remains : in which folder/location do I leave the contents or file folders of: Monkeyrok and Lyrics viewer so they have the same skin.

There should be a float player which can be opened and closed just by dragging a sort of handle. No matter what I do, there's nothing to drag and I see no 'handle'. After installing the skin it positions itself in the left down corner and doesn't let it to be moved. What should I do? How did Coach manage to make his ' Now playing' and 'Art & Details' look and position the the way they on the screenshot? I must me missing something. Anyone out there to give me a hand?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

How did Coach manage to make his ' Now playing' and 'Art & Details' look and position the the way they on the screenshot?
On each of these panels do you see where is says "Art and Details" and "Now Playing"? Those are the Title Bars and they must be visible if you want to move them. If they aren't visible, right click somewhere within each of these and look for "Show Title Bar" (for the Now Playing you may get a big menu window, go to View and click Show Title Bar from there). Once these are visible you can move them around.
After installing the skin it positions itself in the left down corner and doesn't let it to be moved.
The player moves by clicking and dragging. Some players are difficult to find the right spot, but keep trying.
I installed the skin without any problem as well as Monkeyrok and the Lyrics Viewer. Question remains : in which folder/location do I leave the contents or file folders of: Monkeyrok and Lyrics viewer so they have the same skin.
The skins should automatically install to their respective folders under the Scripts folder. If you want to change skins you click Tools>Options>MonkeyRok or LyricsViewer and change the skin.
There should be a float player which can be opened and closed just by dragging a sort of handle. No matter what I do, there's nothing to drag and I see no 'handle'.
In order to view the float player click the minimize box in the upper right of the skin. The float player shows and the handle to move it is the two arrows in the middle of the right side.

Hope that helps.
Makeetelich

Post by Makeetelich »

Thanks very much for trying to help out rrfpacker! Much appreciated! I tried it over and over but the panels hardly let themselves to be adjusted or moved. Would be easier to explain if I could to show you a screenshot. Let me try to be more specific. My MM 4.1 screen with this skin is more or less equally divided in as best to describe as a northern and southern part. I cannot adjust either of them by pulling the northern part down or the southern part up. In other words, the main panel sizes are what they are. I manage to include the Monkeyrok panel and Lyrics & comment viewer either in the northern part or the southern part. Even next to each other. The strange thing is that it let's it self make wider but not smaller up to a certain point. If I try, my screen starts flashing and nothing changes.

Furthermore, if you say there should be a minimize box on the player, I fear there must be a conflict with this script, as the minimize box is simply not there. I tried to reinstall the script a few times yet to no avail. I also tried a few other skins as well but a few of them acted weird as well. Maybe reinstall MM itself would do the trick :-?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

The main panel cannot be moved, consider it the center of MM. All panels can be positioned around it; the top, bottom, left, and right. The player can be dragged by clicking in the right spot but everything else (Monkey Rok, Lyrics Viewer, Song Information Panel, Column Browser, Now Playing Panel, the Media Tree) cannot be moved unless its Title Bar is visible. Then click on the Title Bar and drag to wherever you want it.

The minimize bar is in the upper right of the skin and looks like a minus sign. Keep trying.
Richard127

Post by Richard127 »

I know I'm being stupid here but the LV skins are just a series of gif's and a jpg. Not an MMIP. How do I install them?
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Richard127 wrote:I know I'm being stupid here but the LV skins are just a series of gif's and a jpg. Not an MMIP. How do I install them?
Create a folder called Track 8 within MediaMonkey>Scripts>LyricsViewer. Open the zip and extract contents to this folder. Now it should work, have fun, it's a beautiful skin.