Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

jonisaksson

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.2 (2011-04-24) [MM3+4]

Post by jonisaksson »

Illinoisjoe wrote:I'm having a problem with line breaks: the lyrics show up as a continuous run of text, even if they are not that way in the lyrics tag. (see example image attached) Anyone else have this problem? A solution?

tangential info:
I'm using LyricsFetcher to get the lyrics on the fly for most of my collection, but going back to songs that already have lyrics doesn't solve it.
If I edit the lyrics tag (i.e. add and then delete a space), then the problem is fixed. Weird, right?
I had the same problem but was resolved by following this information
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ks#p339663
ACDias wrote: wrote:About the line breaks issue. I think its because the LV renders the lyrics as an HTML and it does not replace the \r\n or \n to <br/> to show. I've changed the script to make it work but I'm not the author of the plugin so I can't fix it for you. If you want to try, open {MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs in a text editor and search for LyrTxt=HtmlMarkup(Sng.Lyrics) and replace it for LyrTxt=Sng.Lyrics. Now search for Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>" and replace it for Doc.Add " <p><pre>" & LyrTxt & "</pre></p>". I'll talk to the author and see if he can update it...
Illinoisjoe

Post by Illinoisjoe »

That *sounds* like awesome advice that I am game to try. Strangely enough, my "{MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\" folder only has one file in it, "auto.txt", and no "LyricsViewer.vbs" I appreciate the help so far, but any advice on this situation?
jonisaksson wrote:
Illinoisjoe wrote:I'm having a problem with line breaks: the lyrics show up as a continuous run of text, even if they are not that way in the lyrics tag. (see example image attached) Anyone else have this problem? A solution?

tangential info:
I'm using LyricsFetcher to get the lyrics on the fly for most of my collection, but going back to songs that already have lyrics doesn't solve it.
If I edit the lyrics tag (i.e. add and then delete a space), then the problem is fixed. Weird, right?
I had the same problem but was resolved by following this information
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ks#p339663
ACDias wrote: wrote:About the line breaks issue. I think its because the LV renders the lyrics as an HTML and it does not replace the \r\n or \n to <br/> to show. I've changed the script to make it work but I'm not the author of the plugin so I can't fix it for you. If you want to try, open {MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\LyricsViewer.vbs in a text editor and search for LyrTxt=HtmlMarkup(Sng.Lyrics) and replace it for LyrTxt=Sng.Lyrics. Now search for Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>" and replace it for Doc.Add " <p><pre>" & LyrTxt & "</pre></p>". I'll talk to the author and see if he can update it...
Mustaine

Post by Mustaine »

Illinoisjoe wrote:That *sounds* like awesome advice that I am game to try. Strangely enough, my "{MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\" folder only has one file in it, "auto.txt", and no "LyricsViewer.vbs" I appreciate the help so far, but any advice on this situation?

Hi, I think your issue occurred when you installed the plugin.

You must uncheck "Installfor the current user only (doesn't require admin rights)".

Addons will extract their files to a different directory when done as an admin versus just a user, so this may be your problem.

Uninstall lyrics viewer, then reinstall it and make sure to uncheck the box, and then the file should be where you said.
Illinoisjoe

Post by Illinoisjoe »

*That* worked like a charm for me, and I was able to go back and use the script editing advice in "LyricsViewer.vbs" after reinstalling. A couple notes: There was only one instance of the first search term, and the second term (Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>") I was supposed to find was not findable in my text editor (notepad++) because there were multiple spaces between the term Doc.Add " and the <p> in the original script. But I was able to find it anyway, and make the necessary edits. Thanks all around!
Mustaine wrote:
Illinoisjoe wrote:That *sounds* like awesome advice that I am game to try. Strangely enough, my "{MMInstallationDir}\Scripts\Auto\" folder only has one file in it, "auto.txt", and no "LyricsViewer.vbs" I appreciate the help so far, but any advice on this situation?

Hi, I think your issue occurred when you installed the plugin.

You must uncheck "Installfor the current user only (doesn't require admin rights)".

Addons will extract their files to a different directory when done as an admin versus just a user, so this may be your problem.

Uninstall lyrics viewer, then reinstall it and make sure to uncheck the box, and then the file should be where you said.
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

Illinoisjoe wrote:*That* worked like a charm for me, and I was able to go back and use the script editing advice in "LyricsViewer.vbs" after reinstalling. A couple notes: There was only one instance of the first search term, and the second term (Doc.Add " <p>" & LyrTxt & "</p>") I was supposed to find was not findable in my text editor (notepad++) because there were multiple spaces between the term Doc.Add " and the <p> in the original script. But I was able to find it anyway, and make the necessary edits. Thanks all around!
Glad to hear it got resolved :)
deepdoc1

Post by deepdoc1 »

Very nicely done script. I wonder if the capability is there to expand this to printing out an entire playlist. I have a group I like to get together with to play music, and it would be grand to be able to create a playlist, then print the lyrics, artist, author, etc. from the whole list. That would be similar to a lyrics book, or set book. Your current format prints very well when I right click then print, and your ability to select fields is great. There may already be something out there that does this, but I haven't seen it.

But at any rate, thanks for this great tool!
JimB
MM Player used
Default Plugins
Default scripts
Other media players: iTunes 10.7.0.21; WMP; Winamp.
Registry, defrag, etc., routinely handled by Norton Utilities
Songs are stored on C: under iTunes Music folder
Upgrade from MM 3.2.2.1300
Did you move any of the media files, from outside of media monkey: Not that I know of.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Just tried installing this on MM beta 1624 and get message 'was not installed'.

Ideas what the problem might be ..?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
piconut

Post by piconut »

I'm running MediaMonkey version 4.0.7.1511 and I cant get the lryics panel to show the line breaks in the lyrics. It just shows up as one continuous string of text. However, when I go in to look at the lyrics for any individual song (song properties), they show properly with the line breaks. Also, if I add an additional line break anywhere within the lyrics, ALL of the line breaks show up as the should for that song. Can someone please help me solve this problem? Thanks...
adrianp

Post by adrianp »

I'm trying to get the Track8 skin working, but it doesn't seem to be applying the skin. I put the Track8 skin for LyricsViewer inside AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\LyricsViewer\skins\Track8 folder.
Illinoisjoe

Post by Illinoisjoe »

piconut wrote:I'm running MediaMonkey version 4.0.7.1511 and I cant get the lryics panel to show the line breaks in the lyrics. It just shows up as one continuous string of text. However, when I go in to look at the lyrics for any individual song (song properties), they show properly with the line breaks. Also, if I add an additional line break anywhere within the lyrics, ALL of the line breaks show up as the should for that song. Can someone please help me solve this problem? Thanks...
search my name and responses in this thread. I had a very similar problem that was solved by advice given here.
piconut

Post by piconut »

Illinoisjoe wrote:
piconut wrote:I'm running MediaMonkey version 4.0.7.1511 and I cant get the lryics panel to show the line breaks in the lyrics. It just shows up as one continuous string of text. However, when I go in to look at the lyrics for any individual song (song properties), they show properly with the line breaks. Also, if I add an additional line break anywhere within the lyrics, ALL of the line breaks show up as the should for that song. Can someone please help me solve this problem? Thanks...
search my name and responses in this thread. I had a very similar problem that was solved by advice given here.

Unfortunately, I already tried that and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I'm not sure whether to post here or in the Eclipse Artwork thread, but here goes.

The white eclipse LCV has a blue background where the lyrics are. Is there a way to get rid of that and make the background white?
Sophist

Re: Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.1 by Gege (2009-03-05) [MM3]

Post by Sophist »

gege wrote:
RifRaf wrote:edit: the issue seems to stem from the newline character/s . To get the Viewer to display correctly text must use 0x0d 0x0a as a line ending (/r/n) . Can the Viewer be modified to treat just a newline character as line ending? ie. 0x0a or /n . This would likely apply to all files that are tagged on a unix/linux based system or in my case a windows application that uses unix style line endings. will have a look at the code and try.
Yes. You're right. Your lyrics and comments were saved using line breaks in unix format.
For them to be correctly displayed, open LyricsViewer.vbs file, find line 400, and replace this code:

Code: Select all

HtmlMarkup=Replace(Txt,vbNewLine,"<br>" & vbNewLine & "                ")
by this:

Code: Select all

Txt=Replace(Txt,vbLf,vbNewLine)
    HtmlMarkup=Replace(Txt,vbNewLine,"<br>" & vbNewLine & "                ")
I know the original reply was a long time ago (April 2009), but I just wanted to note that according to the id3v2.3/4 specifications, comments should be saved using unix line breaks i.e. LF and not CR/LF (windows) or CR (mac).
Trevor1

Post by Trevor1 »

I keep getting this before the lyrics which I obviously do not want. How do I resolve this? please and thanks :)

<script>(function() {var opts = {artist: "Fleetwood_Mac",song: "Skies The Limit",adunit_id: 39382076,div_id: "cf_async_" + Math.floor((Math.random() * 999999999))};document.write('');var c=function(){cf.showAsyncAd(opts)};if(window.cf)c();else{cf_async=!0;var r=document.createElement("script"),s=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];r.async=!0;r.src="//srv.tonefuse.com/showads/showad.js";r.readyState?r.onreadystatechange=function(){if("loaded"==r.readyState||"complete"==r.readyState)r.onreadystatechange=null,c()}:r.onload=c;s.parentNode.insertBefore(r,s)};})();</script>
gege

Post by gege »

Trevor1 wrote:I keep getting this before the lyrics which I obviously do not want. How do I resolve this? please and thanks :)
This is a bug in MM's lyrics fetcher, not in my Lyrics Viewer.
For more info, see here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=77572