[REQ] Exit Button

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

joltman

[REQ] Exit Button

Post by joltman »

I know that MMA will exit after ~1 minute of not being used. However, that's not always good enough. Sometimes I really need to exit it quickly. Would it be possible to add an EXIT (or close button) in the app _and_ in the JellyBean notification pull down (like Poweramp has)? Thanks!
dtsig

Re: [REQ] Exit Button

Post by dtsig »

I brought this up a while back. But have just gotten use to hitting Pause then HOME. One button would be nice but as there isn't any room on the UI it would probably be a 'menu' thing and then you are hitting 2 things anyway. SO ...

Why do you *need* to exit faster than that? Just curious
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Doesn't the back button exit?
joltman

Post by joltman »

dtsig wrote:I brought this up a while back. But have just gotten use to hitting Pause then HOME. One button would be nice but as there isn't any room on the UI it would probably be a 'menu' thing and then you are hitting 2 things anyway. SO ...

Why do you *need* to exit faster than that? Just curious
I use more than MMA on my tablet. I'm trying to troubleshoot media skip/pause/prev and when MMA is still open, it listens to those commands, then I get 2 audio apps playing music.
Lowlander wrote:
Doesn't the back button exit?
From what I've experienced, it will keep MMA open in the background for a little while. I think it'd be ideal to "copy" what Poweramp is doing. In the notification pull down, they have the Album Art, Prev, Play/Pause, Next and Close buttons. It'd be super nice to have that option in the Notification pull down, and also an option when you're in the app and hit the MENU button.
captainmcl

Post by captainmcl »

I agree with Joltman on both counts -- notification and app menu.
CaptainMCL
Frisco, TX, USA
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Me too I would like this added.
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

I'd like to see this as well. Across Android, I generally prefer apps have a dedicated Exit option that explicitly stops the app rather than sending it to the background. It shouldn't generally be needed, but my experience has been that it comes in handy every once in a while. When you need it and it's not there, it's really frustrating.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
speed_phreak

Post by speed_phreak »

I request this option too... I have had issues with MMA hijacking my screen after unlocking, even though it has been paused for a very long time. This may be due to other bugs, but it doesn't hurt anyone to add the option of having an Exit/Quit button. Winamp Android has this...
BigInJapan

Post by BigInJapan »

Another case in point... today I hit the back arrow from the Now Playing screen and got the main screen. Hit it again, but rather than closing, it took me back to the Now Playing screen. The next few taps of the back arrow took me through various screens, Now Playing, Album Browser, Main Screen, etc. I didn't pay that close attention to exactly which ones in what order or how many, but it was like seven or eight taps before MMA actually exited to my device's home screen.

When the app behaves weirdly like that, I would like to be able to explicitly shut it down, especially since this is a beta where we'd expect it to misbehave from time to time.
Remember when Last.fm had those cool imagegen charts for use in signatures?
jiri

Post by jiri »

In the latest release, there's a Stop button in the Tray notification, which stops MMA and removes it from the tray.

Jiri
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

Button doesnt stop songs on my phone. I sent debug logs in.

Roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you provide more info on Devices as I'm not being able to replicate.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Just tried again after a reboot of this phone, and it still will not stop the songs and the only way i get the notice to show in the bar is to close mma.
Phone is same as i always have had, android 4.0.4 version.
Its just the stop button the others work.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

jiri wrote:In the latest release, there's a Stop button in the Tray notification, which stops MMA and removes it from the tray.
Jiri
What do you mean by 'Tray Notification'? Visually my 124 doesn't look any different. I have 2 may views of MM.

1) what I would call 'options' page with Artists, Albums etc. No where there is there anything that looks like a stop button. On the bottom is a thumbnail of the cover and Pause and Forward.

2) Album Cover view. Here there also is no "stop" button. There is Back, Pause and Forward. Tapping the cover only gives the normal Shuffle and Repeat.

Under Menu there is no Stop.

I guess there is something in MMA that i haven't see yet. The 'Tray Notification'. How do i start that?

Thanks
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Tray notification area is the place that you pull down like a window shade on these cell phones.

Only way to see the notice is as i said.
1 start playing song in mma.
2 close out of mma back to home screen,
3 you should see icon in notification area, pull down area and you see player controls.

But my stop button just will not work it shows up for duty but is out to lunch when it has to work.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.