REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10135]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

estockda

Re: REQ: Bluetooth (AD2P/AVRCP 1.3+) track informations [#10

Post by estockda »

Does this news/information help with this? http://www.androidcentral.com/bluetooth ... id-version
zombiefly

Post by zombiefly »

estockda wrote:Does this news/information help with this? http://www.androidcentral.com/bluetooth ... id-version
good find.

the AVRCP 1.3 part of the news means that *finally* google android will natively support sending information to BT devices, as the iPhone has from day 1.

This means that any player will be able to do this correctly, without workaround, hacks, custom roms etc. FINALLY! :D
MM5 latest [Gold] / MMA latest | OnePlus 8 PRO | Noise I make: Pushkin on Soundcloud
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is certainly good news for all of us. Main problem was that 99% devices that devs have use AD2P/AVRCP 1.0 and those that have 1.3 worked in our tests :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
PhilDG

Bluetooth track information

Post by PhilDG »

This is not something I've looked at until just recently but it doesn't seem to work at all. I am running Android 4.2.2 but my pebble watch cannot see any track information at all. It can pause, next and previous but it just says there is no information. If I use the native media player or MX player it works perfectly. I seem to remember there was another thread at some point but don't recall it answering this issue.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri May 24, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Its not working on S3 4.1.1
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

x-cimo wrote:Its not working on S3 4.1.1
With MMA 1.0.4.133?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Not working for me as well with a Soundview device (that works fine with Samsung's player). Bug #10135 is still open.

-Rusty
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

Even with the latest build I'm getting no track information displayed on my pebble. The play/pause/next/previous buttons all work correctly. All other music players I have tested work fine.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It says resolved for 134, that isn't out yet.
bbshopplf

No Album Art via Bluetooth??

Post by bbshopplf »

I bought a new car stereo and had few requirements, however one of them was that I want Album Art to appear when I play songs off my Android device via Bluetooth.

The car stereo uses Bluetooth 3.0 and supports A2DP profile, which from what I understand supports receiving Album Art. Playing music from MM, I don't see the Album Art.

All of my album art is saved as part of each song's file, in the Album Art tag. I play MP3s and FLAC.

Advice?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu May 30, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
bbshopplf

Post by bbshopplf »

Looking for Album Art to be sent via Bluetooth using AD2P... is this on the radar?

I use MM Gold on a Galaxy S III with stock Android 4.1.2, on a new Pioneer receiver. Functionality is great and the other info comes across no problem. Would love to have the Album Art appear too though. My receiver specifically uses the AD2P profile, and allegedly should be able to display the art.
x-cimo

Post by x-cimo »

Hugh improvement on 136 for my S3.

Track information are now showing on my Mazda3 radio! (This is the first time it works!)

The only issue I am seeing is that when a song end and go to the next one, my radio thinks the music was paused on the phone and display "PAUSED", while the music keep playing.

Pausing the music in MMA then hitting the play button on my radio restart the music and display the information again, until the song ends.

So Track infomation works but there is a little glitch when it change song.
PhilDG

Post by PhilDG »

1.36 is working from Android 4.2.2 to my Pebble watch - brilliant work guys.

In addition I am not experiencing any issues when a track ends and a new one begins - the next track is displayed correctly -genius
djasonpenney

Post by djasonpenney »

Confirming this with my Samsung GS3 communicating via bluetooth with my Sony DSX-S310BTX.

Also, the Sony does not display this isue with my girlfriend's iPhone 4.

When this happens, pressing pause/resume on the Sony has no effect. Skipping to the next track via the Sony has no effect. Even powering the deck off and on does not correct it.

Conversely, pressing pause/play on the Android is a certain (if annoying) workaround.
x-cimo wrote:Hugh improvement on 136 for my S3.

Track information are now showing on my Mazda3 radio! (This is the first time it works!)

The only issue I am seeing is that when a song end and go to the next one, my radio thinks the music was paused on the phone and display "PAUSED", while the music keep playing.

Pausing the music in MMA then hitting the play button on my radio restart the music and display the information again, until the song ends.

So Track infomation works but there is a little glitch when it change song.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Note that there were additional fixes in build 142, so this should be working better in more recent builds. Please share your results here, as we have only a limited set of hardware to test with.

Thanks.

-Rusty