PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

MMuser2011

Re: PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012

Post by MMuser2011 »

Just run "fpcalc.exe" to the audiofile(s) and you get 3 values:

Code: Select all

FILE=C:\Users\MyName\Music\01 - test.mp3
DURATION=356
FINGERPRINT=AQADtEmS.....
The second and third line are the one who should be written back to the audiofile.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Are you sure that fingerprint is correct? The link you pointed me to says that this tool is designed to only work with uncompressed data and not .mp3 files.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
MMuser2011

Post by MMuser2011 »

Lukáš Lalinský (the inventor of AcoustID and chromaprint) answered on another forum:
...The comment [about uncompressed data] is specifically about the Chromaprint library, that is if you use it from your application. The fpcalc utility handles both the decoding and the fingerprinting. If a program simply calls fpcalc.exe and reads the output, it doesn't need to decode the files nor link to Chromaprint directly.
So yes, I'm sure. :wink:
If you wanna be sure: Create a fingerprint under windows with fpcalc.exe from a well known track. Try the lookup function with this fingerprint from the acoustid webservice and you should get an answer with at least the AcoustID. If you add the meta parameter 'recordings' you get the MusicBrainzID as well.
Magic Nodes v4.3.3 (2018-10-03) last free version SQL Viewer v2.4 (2009-10-25)
ExternalTools v1.4 (2011-05-09) iTunesMonkey 1.0 + Acoustid
Calculate Cover Size v1.7 (2012-10-23) RegExp Find & Replace v4.4.9 (2018-10-03) last free version
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Great. I'll probably create a separate script to handle this then, rather than trying to build it into this one.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

trixmoto wrote:Great. I'll probably create a separate script to handle this then, rather than trying to build it into this one.
Sweet!
--
The gpzbc
AWD_Guy

Post by AWD_Guy »

OK, I feel stupid... I had about 600 songs in my library that came back blank, so I reran them with the put status in option.

Unanalyzable makes complete sense, but what does Pending mean?

Will they ever change? Do I have to wait and rerun them?

Can I do anything with good old MusicIP mixer or something to work around this?

Some are mainstream stuff sort of and at least a few years old... like Bad Religion: 30 Years Live, Phantom of the Opera SF cast, Shakira Live from Paris... Eclectic, I know....
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not sure, I think it means that they haven't confirmed the PUID yet.
lobojon

Re: PUID Generator 2.5 - Updated 28/07/2012 - Unanalyzable

Post by lobojon »

Thank you once again for your modifications. I like having a message in the field informing why the PUID was not generated. Very cool.

The "unanalyzable" does not 'make perfect sense to me'. What could it mean?

Does it mean that my audio file is corrupt?
Does it mean that my *.mp3 extension is false and that it is really an *.mp2 file? This was mentioned in other help files.
Does it mean that....

If there is something I could do to clean up the file so that it could be analyzed, I would surely do it.

Thanks again.
Cheers
MM Lifer since 2008. Still apprentice (noob) level.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Toshiba Satellite laptop
Music collection of 2 TB located on an external hard
Spybot Search & Destroy / Iobit Anti Malware
Avast Antivirus Free Edition

I love the Monkey and the forum.
Thanks to all who provide advice, assistance, add ons and scripts. It is very much appreciated!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think it means it's corrupt, just something the DLL doesn't like about it. I don't know all the things, but it won't do certain file types, for example.
thefaceman

REQ: Help understanding PUID?

Post by thefaceman »

I tried the PUID Generator script. And it generated a 'PUID' for the song I selected.
I have read through a couple of PUID thread, but I cannot see to find how to USE the PUID.
Here are a few 'assumptions'

I select a song I do not know the artist or title for. I run the PUID Generator, once the PUID is generated, I am suppose to do WHAT? with that field to help ID the song?

Please help me understand this PUID topic. :oops:
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon May 27, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

PUID can be used by other taggers like MusicIP (which includes PUID generation capability) to find tags of files online: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=30994
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Lowlander wrote:PUID can be used by other taggers like MusicIP (which includes PUID generation capability) to find tags of files online: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=30994
Hmmm..

OK I just installed the musicbrainztagger20.mmip and MusicIPTagger20.mmip installers, but I do not see how to access either one via MM interface. It is not listed under the scripts menu option - only the PUID Generator script is listed.

What am I doing wrong here? :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There in the Auto-Tag from Web window under Options.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

Lowlander wrote:There in the Auto-Tag from Web window under Options.
OK I seem to be getting closer to understanding how to use the PUID, but I am still stumped a little bit

It took me awhile to figure out what you meant by "Auto-Tag from Web window under Options"
For those who might be searching for an answer The scripts under the Tools menu - Auto-Tag from Web menu option there was an 'Options' button (sorry I looked under the the Tools > Option window for awhile, I just did not read the answer very clearly)

Anyways I now see that MusicIP and MusicTagger are listed as pull down menus.

I am still not able to figure out how to use the PUID value that is generated.

Here is the scenario I am using (what am I doing wrong this time)

1. I select the unknown track
2. I generate the PUID value using the PUID Generator script - and I put that value into the Lyrics field (I really did not know what was the appropriate field to store this PUID value... so I am guessing this is where I am making my mistake)
3. I then select the track once the PUID is generated
4. I select the Tools menu - Auto-Tag from Web menu option
5. I select the option MusicIP
6. I click the search button

7. currently the results are not finding the Artist/Title

But there is a field that shows 'Select which fields to use, but I cannot seem to actually SELECT any fields not type anything into that area. It seems to be using the Artist - Album Title as the variables to search in MusicIP Tagger - I want it to use the PUID value (stored in the Lyrics field)

Thank you again for your time in advance
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A) It is probably best to use one of the custom fields to store PUID
B) MusicIP should be set to use the same field
C) I don't think that MusicIP still works due to the source changing the site (I believe API is no longer existent).