Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) v1.1 2013-02-24

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ACraigL

Re: Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) v1.0.1 2012-1

Post by ACraigL »

Aff wrote:
ACraigL wrote:I don't understand step 6: Start "Sync Music Stats XML". A dialog box shows up but only lists MSC devices. I don't see an option to make it look to the folder with the exported XML. What am I missing?
You would have to navigate to the folder on the PC where you have put the file manually in step 5.
Wow, I must be really slow today...

I have the file located in: D:\My Music\MediaMonkey\SyncMusicStatsXML\
The extension settings has: D:\My Music\MediaMonkey\SyncMusicStatsXML\ (verified the same)
Based on your reply, I navigated down the 'My Computer' node in MM to the \SyncMusicStatsXML\ directory, right-clicked on it and selected 'SyncMusicStatsXML' from the context menu. This brings up the same 'select device' dialog and only seems to sync 24 mp4 files data, not all the music data that was exported. The debug log says the same.

I am totally missing how I get it to use the exported data file for the update. :-?

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Selecting the other device in the list got the update going. I find that a little confusing, but glad to have it finally working correctly. Thanks for the help and the script.
Aff

Re: Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) v1.0.2 2012-1

Post by Aff »

Ah, now I see that I didn't understand your question properly, sorry. It doesn't matter from where you right click, you don't have to navigate anywhere for that. As it seems you have copies of the XML on two device locations, but only one of those is the current one, used by PlayerPro. You may delete the unused one in Windows Explorer.
Please make sure that "Show MSC devices" is deactivated in options, then you should only see MTP devices.
jarod73

Post by jarod73 »

anyone else get this error after installing it?

error #1025 - microsoft vbsript complication error
expected end of statement
dim sdb as object, script as object, mterror, mbok, mtwarning, mbyes, mbabort, mryes, mrok, mtinformation 'nur fur excel, vor mm rausnehmen!
file: "C:\users\jarod\appdata\roaming\mediamonkey\scripts\auto\syncmusicstatsxml.vbs|, line: 32, column:8
Aff

Post by Aff »

Uups, that was from the development environment, sorry. Please update the script again.
Aff

Re: Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) v1.1 2013-02-

Post by Aff »

New version with check for duplicates and button for XML folder selection.

Just as a hint:
This script is able to sync ratings from MM to PlayerPro very fast without the need of an auto-sync.
But it can't match tracks as precisely as the original MSC script.
Aff

Re: Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) v1.1 2013-02-

Post by Aff »

DocMAX wrote:What does this mean? How can i fix all songs?

The XML version matches the songs by artist, album and title. Reasons for unmatched songs may be:
  • Changes of those fields in MM after the songs were copied to the device
  • Changes of those fields on the device
  • Songs on the device that do not exist in MM, e.g. downloaded directly to the device
You can activate the log file in options to get all the tracks that don't match.
If necessary, you can change the infos in MM.
Please let me know what you find out about the unmatched tracks.