Import M3U 3.8 - Updated 26/10/2013

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Re: Import M3U 3.7 - Updated 03/08/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.7) is now available to download from my website. I've re-ordered the code to fix the WriteLock/ReadLock errors.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
TheAncient

Post by TheAncient »

I just lost a bunch of playlists. I had previously exported them so I expected to be able to easily re-import them. I installed the latest and greatest version of Import M3U (3.7) and set it to work but after it has imported about 20 entries, it dies with the "Don't use WriteLock after Readlock" error others have mentioned in this thread. Supposedly this was fixed in the last release but I am not sure that fix is working. Any ideas as to how I can get around this? (Is there some other way to import M3Us without using this script?)
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

I have downloaded the latest MM player and the latest Trixmoto scripts
Import m3u and Recreate m3u

Here are some issues I am encountering that I would appreciate help with (if anyone has the time)

Import M3U script

- When I import the playlist ALL of the listings are not recognized as matches in my database, even though the Artist and Title are the EXACT text as in the M3U file. The file IS in my database to be matched but when i click on the imported file in the imported playlist it turns GRAY a though it is do not exist. How can I fix this?

Recreate M3U script

- Seems to work better than import M3U, but
- It only allows ONE script to be imported at a time
- For those files that ARE NOT in my database it does NOT seem to list them in the playlist despite me having the 'list track' checkbox option checked

Basically what I want is to select my playlists in a folder and 'import' them again with the following rules

- Allow multiple playlists to be imported in one process
- ADD the any MISSING files as Artist - Title into the database, without having me to have to 'select' the correct match (as recreate m3u does). I will 'FIND' the correct file later, I just want to SEE in the imported m3u playlist which ones are NOT currently matched in the database.

Again I appreciate your time in advance
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

With regards to this script, the best way to start is create a logfile so that I can see what's going on. I certainly need more information to go off.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

trixmoto wrote:With regards to this script, the best way to start is create a logfile so that I can see what's going on. I certainly need more information to go off.
Well I have a 581kb .LOG file but I cannot figure how to attach it to this forum thread so I created a HelpDesk Ticket (I think that is what the 'How to report a bug' thread mentioned).

Here is the ticket thread.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... etid=21385

Thanks again for your time and talents for troubleshooting what I am doing wrong.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think I can access your ticket - how about emailing it to me?
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

trixmoto wrote:I don't think I can access your ticket - how about emailing it to me?
Sorry I did not realize the 'ticket' system was only for MM developers.

But they pointed me to here.

http://www.filedropper.com/importm3uowner-pc

It is a 581kb .LOG file

Thanks again
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry, I've been away and therefore not had a chance to check this. It looks like the file has expired or something now, because your link just takes me to the home page.
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

trixmoto wrote:Sorry, I've been away and therefore not had a chance to check this. It looks like the file has expired or something now, because your link just takes me to the home page.
Sorry, I did not realize those files had a time limit. File is re-uploaded. Same URL as before

http://www.filedropper.com/importm3uowner-pc
thefaceman

Post by thefaceman »

What is your email? I will send the file that way, since these file hosts links delete more frequently than we can reconnect in the forum
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have PMed you my email address.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've created a new version of the script that attempts to build the playlist after looping through the tracks, instead of building it up as it goes along - hopefully this will fix the WriteLock/ReadLock errors.

However, I think I've found a bug in MM or SQLite, which is preventing the script from working, and therefore preventing me from releasing the new version...

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 19&t=74176
trixmoto

Re: Import M3U 3.8 - Updated 26/10/2013

Post by trixmoto »

The new version (3.8.) of this script is available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed WriteLock/ReadLock errors
- Fixed fuzzy matching of filenames
- Added additional debug messaging

The tracks are all added to the playlist right at the end now, which will hopefully fix the locking problems.
hansi9990

Post by hansi9990 »

Hello

I have tried to import a m3u with this Script, the paths and file names in the playlist are absolutely correct and point to the appropriate files but when I activate the option "ignore punctuation in the file name?" then I have some duplicate entries in the imported MM playlist. Is there any solution for my problem?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If the paths are absolutely correct, why are you asking it to ignore punctuation? If you ask it to ignore punctuation then there is a bit of fuzzy matching, so that it can match with tracks that do and don't have similar punctuation. Any kind of fuzzy matching can bring back multiple results.