Export all playlist in separete folders, is it possible..?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

apopsis

Export all playlist in separete folders, is it possible..?

Post by apopsis »

What i mean is:
I have my media monkey playlists organized in tree.
And the default 'export all m3u' script does great job in naming the playlist files like : [root playlist] - [sub_playlist name].m3u

Is it possible to modify the script file so, that it will export in folders -where folder's names to be based in the root playlists names ?
(Of course every folder to contain it's sub playlist)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

have you tried to select the playlists one at a time and then right click on it and export as an m3u?

that might let you put it in different folders. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

A script can probably do this. So now you need to find someone willing to write such a script.
apopsis

Post by apopsis »

Thanks for the answer.
I don't know much about the scripts language but it seems to me to be a small modification of the existing file.
But maybe i'm wrong, maybe it's more difficult.
Lets see..
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

You can download a modified export script from http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... dified.vbs

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Steegy,

Is there anyway you would be able to make this script into an automated version? Say, with an option that would automatically export the playlists to a specified directory at the start or shutdown of MM??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
aff29

Re: Export all playlist in separete folders, is it possible..?

Post by aff29 »

I would love it if someone could figure this out. It would enable Zune users to access their playlists.
This would work by copying all of the .m3u's into the Zune/Playlists directory
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

aff29 wrote:I would love it if someone could figure this out. It would enable Zune users to access their playlists.
Trixmoto's Backup script has an option to export the playlists, and you can set it to automatically run either at startup or shutdown.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

aff29 wrote:I would love it if someone could figure this out. It would enable Zune users to access their playlists.
I already explained how to do this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... pt#p175956
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
diviater

Re: Export all playlist in separete folders, is it possible.

Post by diviater »

nohitter151 wrote:
This would work by copying all of the .recaps into the Zune/Playlists directory
I already explained how to do this: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... pt#p175956
Thanks for the share but it doesn't seem to work for the newer versions. Anyone have the solution for this?
Last edited by diviater on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Re: Export all playlist in separete folders, is it possible.

Post by nohitter151 »

diviater wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
Thanks for the share but it doesn't seem to work for the newer versions. Anyone have the solution for this?
Doesn't work how? I don't see any reason that it shouldn't work, unless the zune software does not let you import playlist files any more (that would certainly be a big step backwards).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.