Continous scan option not working - I Think

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Continous scan option not working - I Think

Post by nohitter151 »

MusicBringer wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Yeah works fine for me too.
Often works for me too - but sometimes it doesn't.
Well you have to provide some more info than that. Get a debug log or some situation where the problem is reliably reproducible.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Glaux

Post by Glaux »

I also have a problem with this option.

When I check it it starts to work fine, but after a try to "add/rescan files to the library" on any folder then in thу opened window I dont see this Continous scan option checked and I dont see any folders in the list. So in my case i have to add Continous scan folders list every time I open the "add/rescan files to the library" menu. It just doesnt remember it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Those folders are listed to the right under Monitored Folders and will need to be set for the folders you want this for.

On the left side is folder selection of what will be manually scanned. This gets reset if you select any folder in the Location or My Computer node and then start Add/Rescan Files. It will only have the selected folder enabled for manual scanning.
Glaux

Post by Glaux »

I think u didnt get me right.
My "Continous scan" list gets empty every time I open "add/rescan files to the library" menu. I add folders to this list but next time I open this menu its empty again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Glaux wrote:My "Continous scan" list gets empty every time I open "add/rescan files to the library"
To confirm you mean the list on the right side of the program? Called Folder Monitoring.
Glaux

Post by Glaux »

Lowlander wrote:To confirm you mean the list on the right side of the program? Called Folder Monitoring.
yes
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you may want to create a debug log (step 4b) capturing this as I haven't seen this before and send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
AlexS

Post by AlexS »

Was the "continuous scan issue" ever resolved? It has never worked for me either. Even if the file I am adding is in the root folder to be monitored it is not added to MM until I specifically ask for a re-scan. The file format I am using is mp4, which is checked in the list of files types to look for.

Any help with this is much appreciated.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

AlexS wrote:Was the "continuous scan issue" ever resolved?
Currently there is no known issue with the continuous scan. If you can reproduce some problem, please generate a debug log and send it to the support desk.
See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

AlexS wrote:Was the "continuous scan issue" ever resolved? It has never worked for me either. Even if the file I am adding is in the root folder to be monitored it is not added to MM until I specifically ask for a re-scan. The file format I am using is mp4, which is checked in the list of files types to look for.

Any help with this is much appreciated.
I don't see in your post where your files are stored. On the computers hard drive, and external drive or maybe a NAS. I use continuously scan all the time and the only time I have had a problem with it was

1) expecting the MM Service to watch the directories .. it doesn't MMW must be running

2) Nas drive. My first Nas drive did not consistently tell windows/mmw that a file was added/changed. I have since gone to a different NAS drive and that works great

3) an *odd* issue when copying a lot of files (after ripping a tv series with 8+years episodes) to the watch directory using 'tera-copy'. This one is very illusive (not easy to reproduce) and I don't believe that this is anything to do with MM.

If it is a Nas or some other external device that would be interesting
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

I'm bumping here, because I have same problem.

My setup:
MMW 4.1.9 .1764
Win 10
Parallels 11
OS X 11
Ext. Disk File System: OS X Extended (HFS+)

Might be Disk File System?
surfer

Post by surfer »

The same here:
win10-x64, MM .1764

"Scan continously" was not working here either.

Solution that's helped in my case: uncheck all monitored folders from "scan continuosly" on the right so that it gets empty, restart MM, add the folders again again.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

I have had no problems the last 10-15 release. There was a point early last year when it seemed that it was ignoring on some drives but i did the remove and re-add and haven't had a problem for quite a while. I have 5 external drives and it is finding it all quite well. Hope your fix sticks for you ..
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig