MM crashes regularly

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ashenkin

MM crashes regularly

Post by ashenkin »

Does anyone else have this problem? MM is crashing regularly for me, usually upon starting up a new song. I'd say it's crashing every half-hour or so now. I'd install the debug-version, but I had issues with a side-by-side install last time. Upon uninstallation, my main install of MM ceased to function and I had to reinstall it.

thanks.

MM Gold Lifetime 4.0.7.1511
Win 7 Pro x64 SP1
Thinkpad T410

Scripts:
MonkeyRok
last.fm options
forgetCrossfade
lastfm_dj
monkeyflow (turned off)
Lowlander

Re: MM crashes regularly

Post by Lowlander »

You should install the debug version over the main version. It works the same except that it can do debug logging. Without a debug log it will likely be impossible to resolve. You could try to run with no scripts (rename the Scripts folder in the MediaMonkey install folder to Scripts-off and then start MediaMonkey). If it no longer occurs a script is likely the problem (make sure they're up-to-date).

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
ashenkin

Post by ashenkin »

ok, will do. What do i do to install over MM? Just pick the currently-installed directory? Or, do I uninstall MM first? And, where do I get the stable debug version? thanks...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Just install in the same folder as the regular version, the link has all the details including the debug version of MediaMonkey.