Fully automatic ratings sync with PlayerPro?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Code

Post by Code »

I can change song ratings in Android MediaMonkey and they sync via wifi back to MediaMonkey on my PC just fine, but changing ratings in PlayerPro (with ratings set to MediaMonkey) doesn't change the ratings in the MediaMonkey app, and thus they don't get synced back. I know there is an addon that is not automatic... I want this process to work automatically as I'm used to with iTunes+iSyncr. Is there any way to get MediaMonkey Android to pick up on PlayerPro's ratings changes? Thanks & cheers. -Code
The Selm

Re: Fully automatic ratings sync with PlayerPro?

Post by The Selm »

Hi dude,
I'm don't sure but PlayerPro don't rating your song in ID3v1or2 but in a .xml files.
So ...

But for import your rating of PlayerPro on your PC you can maybe use this :
http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... o-xml-mtp/

For sync between PlayerPro and MMA .. i'don't think that's possible.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

I agree with The Selm - PPro keeps its own database of metadata (ratings, etc.), it does NOT use Android's database. If you copy files to the phone with POPM ID3 tags, the Android media scanner will pick them up, but you still have to manually force PPro to import those ratings into its' own DB (what's even more bizarre with PPro, is that it will READ the POPM tag and even show it to you, but if you do any smart playlists like "all tracks with rating=5", they don't use the POPM rating, only the PPro DB!)

The tool The Selm mentions takes the Songbird XML that PPro can export, and imports the ratings & last played/skip counts into MMW. This has been the method I use for the last ~2 years of rating my tracks, and it works well.

FYI I use BitorrentSync to automatically transfer any XML exports from PPro, so at least that step is automated. The import into MMW is still manual.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
toyzrme

Post by toyzrme »

FYI I just verified the above works - I sync'd a large list of music (~1,000 tracks) using MMA, then went into PlayerPro and selected "Import, from Files", then tried a smart playlist - and it worked - all the ratings were there & used in PPro.
Environment:
MMW: ~25,000 tracks, MM.DB on 16Gbps PCIe SSD (Samsung 950 Pro) - up-to-date, not Beta
MMA: ~12,000 tracks sync'd to phone - up-to-date, not Beta
PC: Windows 10/64, Skylake quad+HT @4.2GHz, 64GB RAM, 14TB RAID6
Phone: Galaxy S10 (128GB) + 400GB mSD card (Samsung EVO+)
Sync: all tracks rated >=3 sync'd to phone
.........all playlists only use tracks rated >=3
.........thus sync'ing is 99.99% playlist update - no tracks are sync'd, other than new purchases
Playlists: ~59 synced
..........most are auto-playlists
..........use attributes Rating, Last Played, Date recorded, Genre, Genre "contains", Path "contains"
..........many are nested, i.e. "Top AutoPlaylist" includes "Level 2 AutoPL #1" + "Level 2 AutoPL #2" etc.
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

Hi great that you started this thread.

I'm facing the same problem, albeit, from a different angel.

I found that my Win7 Ultimate SP1 picks up (and shows in Windows explorer) the ratings given by Player Pro correctly. But when I synchronize MM with the mobile chip, the songs again get rated with MM's ratings. I.e. PP's ratings get overwritten. Can anybody help?
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

toyzrme wrote:FYI I just verified the above works - I sync'd a large list of music (~1,000 tracks) using MMA, then went into PlayerPro and selected "Import, from Files", then tried a smart playlist - and it worked - all the ratings were there & used in PPro.

Since nowhere I could find the information to use "Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) 1.1", Could you pls (at least) tell me what " MMV" and "MMA" stand for?? Pls.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

zopfan wrote:
toyzrme wrote:FYI I just verified the above works - I sync'd a large list of music (~1,000 tracks) using MMA, then went into PlayerPro and selected "Import, from Files", then tried a smart playlist - and it worked - all the ratings were there & used in PPro.

Since nowhere I could find the information to use "Sync stats for Android PlayerPro XML (MTP) 1.1", Could you pls (at least) tell me what " MMV" and "MMA" stand for?? Pls.
MMW = MediaMonkey for Windows (standard MM from the download page on website)
MMA = MediaMonkey for Android (available on Google play store)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

Although this thread is very old. But my problem still stands. Unlike in older PP versions, now PP doesn't read the ratings given by MMW in any way, nor does PPA is able to write/export the ratings given in this app to Windows/MMW.

In other words, can anyone help as to how to PP app can read the ratings given by MMW and how can I be able to change the ratings in PP app which stick to MP3 files.