Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ArsVendy

Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by ArsVendy »

Hello all -

I have a UI question that I hope somebody can help me solve. I'm looking to find a way to make a Playlist window or windowpane persistant, either temporarily or permanently. The reason for this is that I would like to keep the contents of the playlist on the screen while I am adding music to it.

Right now, for example, if I have the contents of the playlist up on the Details and Column Browser panes, it goes away when I use the Media Tree to select music to drag over to it. This causes an awful lot of back-and-forth to add music, pop back to the playlist to check what's there and how large it is in GB, etc. Is there any way to do this that I am overlooking, or is it possible to do this with a skin or other custom UI mod?

Thank you all for your help -
Lowlander

Re: Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by Lowlander »

You can't add additional panes. You can either use an additional tab for the Playlist, drag & drop files on the Playlist in the Playlist node, use right click, Send To or use the Now Playing window to organize the Playlist (and then save it).
Bex

Re: Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by Bex »

Perhaps this script could be of interest?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9&p=345050
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts