Lyrics Fetcher

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ACDias

Re: Lyrics Fetcher

Post by ACDias »

Sry. Wrong XPath
put //*[@id="main"]/div[3]
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Hi guys... I'm thinking about doing a rework on the program and put new features on it...
So put your suggestions here, because I'll start coding soon :)
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

oh... and I know XPath is not user friendly :/
but i can't imagine any other way to get the lyrics from the website... if you have some idea to give, it will be very welcome :)
zuilserip

Post by zuilserip »

ACDias wrote:oh... and I know XPath is not user friendly :/
but i can't imagine any other way to get the lyrics from the website... if you have some idea to give, it will be very welcome :)
Hi ACDias - first of all, thank you a ton for developing this script as well as to thehammer and his predecessors that have also put in a bunch of hard work to create Lyricator. These are some of my most used scripts!

You asked for some ideas on getting the lyrics from web sites, so here is (a potentially naive) one.

You already have a way to define the URL of the site where the lyrics are located (e.g., http://letras.terra.com.br/winamp.php?a ... sica={song})
Would it be possible for you to also let the users define a set of site specific <before> and <after> strings and have your script return anything in between those as the lyrics?

So, for example, for letras.terra.com.br, it looks like the lyrics start at the first "<p>" and end at the first "</p>" after that.

Other examples:
- For elyrics: lyrics between <div id='loading'></div> and <br><br><p><em>
- For lyricsmode.com: lyrics between <p id="lyrics_text" class="ui-annotatable"> and </p>
- For azlyrics: lyrics between <!-- start of lyrics --> and <!-- end of lyrics -->
etc.

It is likely that such simple patterns may not work for all lyrics sites, but it looks like it may work for many. In any event, it should be easy for anyone to browse through their favorite lyrics site hit 'view source' on their browser and quickly determine a <before> and <after> pattern for that site.
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

Great idea man. I'll put both options: XPath or this pattern... It will sure be more user friendly than XPath...
And the XPath way its not working on Terra anymore :-/
gatttter

Post by gatttter »

I have the problem with this source. It only returns 6-7 lines of lyrics.

I also can't seem to find the options of the addon. In extensions options are greyed out. I don't see anything similar to the screen shots shown. only a pop up about fetching lyrics and it fetches them - no more than 7 lines :(

I see the solution here, but I never dealt with these files and really don't understand where and how I have to input the new source

Also can't I disable plug in? The only option is uninstall. I have to disable it since it will download all partial lyrics.

I can't uninstall:

Mediamonkey will give me nervous break down soon :D
Never had such trouble with a program. How can it be I can't even uninstall a simple addon? Installing can be tricky, but uninstalling...

I really need help, can't use the player till this is fixed as songs will get bad lyrics
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

I'm aware of the problem of uninstalling. Probably you were executing the program and the uninstaller tried to delete.
About the fetching problem: there's no option inside media monkey. it installs a program outside media monkey. It will start along with media monkey and there will be a icon near the clock on windows to open it. Terra is not working anymore, so you'll have to use another source. I've put one that works sometime ago in this topic.
gatttter

Post by gatttter »

Yes, I saw this:
ACDias wrote:Yes it is
URL for AZLyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/{artist}/{song}.html
XPath: //*[@id="main"]/div[4]
Check Artist Lower Case, Artist Remove Spaces, Song Lower Case and Song Remove Spaces

And erase terra.
But I'm new to mediamonkey and had no idea how to actually change this. The program file only installs, on mediamonkey there are no option. How do you open it so you can edit?
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

gatttter wrote:Yes, I saw this:
ACDias wrote:Yes it is
Check Artist Lower Case, Artist Remove Spaces, Song Lower Case and Song Remove Spaces

And erase terra.
But I'm new to mediamonkey and had no idea how to actually change this. The program file only installs, on mediamonkey there are no option. How do you open it so you can edit?
look at the first post of this topic. theres a screenshot. of the icon near the clock. double click it. the options will appear
gatttter

Post by gatttter »

I actually tried that at the beginning, but the icon would disappear immediately, tried a few times, but nothing come up.

Also I managed to uninstall, but now I can't install:
Tried to manually delete the file (.vbs) in directory, didn't help.
I installed addons to browsers, other music players, never had that much problems. Could there be something wrong with mediamonkey install or something? I installed the latest version, on windows7.
Or is a restart required? It didn't ask to restart.

It always said install was unsuccessful but now lyricfetcher is again in extensions but it doesn't do a thing. Before it showed pop up "balloons" (about fetching lyrics) near the clock for 2 seconds and disappeared - icon and the "balloon"

I had uninstalled it cleanly, now it's neither installed, neither uninstalled. I get errors simply opening mediamonkey.

Saw a solution to fix another addon. For some reason vbs files get installed in 2 locations, which results in errors. At least for that plug in, deleted vbs files in roaming folder and it works. But lyricfetcher has only unintal.ini file there
Coldblackice

Post by Coldblackice »

Great addon! Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Hi,

Definite noob here, but why hasn't anyone explained replacing the xpath code this way:
Find the config.xml file on your computer. Mine was located here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\LyricsFetcher
then right click on the file and select "open with" Notepad and then replace this ORIGINAL code:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <showBallons>True</showBallons>
  <useProxy>False</useProxy>
  <sources>
    <source>
      <name>Terra</name>
      <url value="http://letras.terra.com.br/winamp.php?artista={artist}&musica={song}" />
      <xpathLyrics>/html/body/div[1][@id='tudo']/div[1][@id='letra']/p</xpathLyrics>
      <artistlowercase>False</artistlowercase>
      <artistremovespaces>False</artistremovespaces>
      <songlowercase>False</songlowercase>
      <songremovespaces>False</songremovespaces>
      <removespecialchars>False</removespecialchars>
      <artistremovethe>False</artistremovethe>
    </source>
  </sources>
  <instrumentalText>Instrumental</instrumentalText>
</configuration>
with this NEW code:
???

Unfortunately, I cannot post the new code, because I have tried every possible variation of what I thought the following meant:

Post by ACDias » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:32 pm
Yes it is

And erase terra.
I'm not sure what is meant by "Check Artist Lower Case, Artist Remove Spaces, Song Lower Case and Song Remove Spaces And erase terra."

This was one of my attempts. I changed the URL and xpath as indicated and then changed the values to TRUE for the four items listed. This did not work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <showBallons>True</showBallons>
  <useProxy>False</useProxy>
  <sources>
    <source>
      <name>Terra</name>
      <url value="http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/{artist}/{song}.html" />
      <xpathLyrics>//*[@id="main"]/div[3]</xpathLyrics>
      <artistlowercase>True</artistlowercase>
      <artistremovespaces>True</artistremovespaces>
      <songlowercase>True</songlowercase>
      <songremovespaces>True</songremovespaces>
      <removespecialchars>False</removespecialchars>
    </source>
  </sources>
  <instrumentalText>Instrumental</instrumentalText>
</configuration>

Or maybe I'm doing this completely wrong. Could someone please post the NEW code that would solve the Terra issue of only pulling the first couple lines of lyrics? Thank you so much!
ACDias

Post by ACDias »

<source>
      <name>AZLyrics</name>
      <url value="http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/{artist}/{song}.html" />
      <xpathLyrics>//*[@id="main"]/div[3]</xpathLyrics>
      <artistlowercase>True</artistlowercase>
      <artistremovespaces>True</artistremovespaces>
      <songlowercase>True</songlowercase>
      <songremovespaces>True</songremovespaces>
      <removespecialchars>True</removespecialchars>
    </source>
roycordero

Post by roycordero »

hi sorry but i have the same problem of the 6 lines of lyricvs...

Post by gatttter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:45 am

I have the problem with this source. It only returns 6-7 lines of lyrics.

i used to have my lirics good but since a few days ago everiting just screw up... how can fix it??? please
am4106

Post by am4106 »

Hi, after a new windows install (Win 7) I cannot get lyrics fetcher running again. The installation simpy aborts with the message "lyrics fetcher was not installed". Any hints about what's going wrong?