MM doesn't remove invalid link album art [#5538]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Teknojnky

MM doesn't remove invalid link album art [#5538]

Post by Teknojnky »

Sometimes I rename the folder.jpg to the album name, and while MM will find the new album art image it doesn't remove the now invalid folder.jpg. So when folder.jpg was the first image, it now shows the blank album art picture until I manually go and remove it from the properties.
rusty

Re: MM doesn't remove invalid link album art

Post by rusty »

Tekno,

When you rename folder.jpg, are you doing this in Explorer? If so, should MM really remove a link to folder.jpg? It could just be that the file is inaccessible for some reason...

or are you saying that the file monitor should take care of this automatically?

-Rusty
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

rusty wrote:Tekno,

When you rename folder.jpg, are you doing this in Explorer?
yes
If so, should MM really remove a link to folder.jpg? It could just be that the file is inaccessible for some reason...
Yes
or are you saying that the file monitor should take care of this automatically?
Well, both filemonitor or add/rescan should remove it if is in-accessible (or renamed/moved in the case of file monitor).

Scenario A: user renames/moves/deletes album art image from explorer from monitored folder... file monitor should rename/move/delete image link as appropriate.

Scenario B: user renames/moves/deletes album art image from explorer from un-monitored folder or mm not running... add/rescan should rename/move/delete image as appropriate.

I would consider it proper behavior of the option > remove unused attributes (artist, album, composer, art)
Bex

Post by Bex »

I added this to Mantis a week ago:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=5538
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Darryl_Gittins

Re: MM doesn't remove invalid link album art [#5538]

Post by Darryl_Gittins »

Any chance there might be a fix for this? Is the invalid link embedded in the metadata of the MP3?
nohitter151

Re: MM doesn't remove invalid link album art [#5538]

Post by nohitter151 »

Darryl_Gittins wrote:Any chance there might be a fix for this? Is the invalid link embedded in the metadata of the MP3?
There's an addon that can remove invalid links in batch. See Album art tagger
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.