Guide to iPod syncing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

Re: Guide to iPod syncing

Post by nohitter151 »

paui3 wrote:I already used it to put music in my ipod but lately i cant, i dont know what happen. i try with 1 song and it says its looking for the song and trying to find the ipod but nothing.
Gonna have to give some more details than that.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
darkmetal505

Post by darkmetal505 »

Hi new to Media Monkey here. Just had a few questions about synching. I just copied an album to my iPhone, but I noticed an error in one of my song titles, so I changed the "title" under my Music folder on my computer and "Auto-Sync"ed my ipod. However, this didn't update the song title in my Music folder on my iPhone nor on the iPhone itself. Am I missing an option or is there an easier way to refresh or update my songs on my iPod with any corrections made in my Music folder made on my computer, maybe an auto refresh function that I've overlooked.

I fixed the problem by just redragging the album over my iPhone, however I don't want to do that if make multiple corrections.
keithrh

Post by keithrh »

The instructions for syncing do not match my screen at all. Perhaps this is because I am using the free version, not gold. But before I get gold I need to check things work, and inaccurate instructions make it seem they do not work.
dvdgirl

Post by dvdgirl »

Newbie here with a sync question. I have videos in MM that I do not want to sync with my iPod; however they are syncing anyway. Under auto-sync the video box is not checked. I delete the files from the iPod but MM puts them right back on. What am I doing wrong?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

They're probably part of another selection you've made.
bobo2

Post by bobo2 »

all my music is FLAC. is it possible to sync to intunes ? i dont wnat to have duplication of files, and since the stupid iphone cannot read flac does the syncing knows to convert files for iphone only ? or it will damage my whole music library ?
TankCR

Post by TankCR »

Hey all, I have my IPod syncing just fine, however none of my play, or skip stats sync back to my MM4. Am I missing something or does this not work?
TankCR
ianmm83

Post by ianmm83 »

i'm having a problem with syncing my 1st gen ipod touch and i'm not totally sure if it's mm or the ipod. i'll hit auto-sync and it'll go just fine, but right as it's finishing, it stops and no files sync, the ipod hibernates, and i get an error message. i can think of 3 options: a bug in mm, ipod is old crapping out, or a file is bad and i need to figure out which. any ideas which of these, or another option, is the culprit?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should capture the connecting of the iPod Touch to your PC and the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support for developers to analyze: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
lapisroman

Post by lapisroman »

Hi~ I just installed MediaMonkey on a SurfacePro 3 running Windows 8, and I have an iPod Touch with iOS 5.1.1 that I'd like to sync. However, MediaMonkey hasn't been able to recognize the iPod when connected, even though it shows up in Windows Explorer. Other USB devices (e.g., an external hard drive) have been recognized and scanned successfully, but the iPod does not appear at all. I've gone to Options/Portable Device Sync and it does have an entry for an iPod, but it says "This device is not connected" when I try to configure it. The computer is new and has never had iTunes installed (I'm trying to avoid using iTunes as it wreaked havoc on my old computer, so I'd rather not install it if possible).

Is there any way to remedy this? (I apologize if this question has been asked before.) Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What model iPod and which version of MediaMonkey?
lapisroman

Post by lapisroman »

It's a 32 GB iPod Touch MC008LL (third generation), and the version of MediaMonkey is 4.1.5.1719.

ETA: I was able to connect an earlier model iPod Nano which was recognized, so it seems to be just the iPod Touch I'm having difficulty with.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

iPod Touch and any iOS device requires iTunes installed (or Copy Trans Driver).
lapisroman

Post by lapisroman »

Aha, it's working now. Thanks so much!
.Christoph.

Post by .Christoph. »

Hello,

first thanks for the guide, pictures are alway nice :D i've installed latest itunes + services + quicktime lite and set up my ipod like shown. its an ipod touch, factory reset is already done. mediamonkey still won't recognize my ipod. any idea?

greetings,
christoph