lyics not showing up

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

brucedl53

lyics not showing up

Post by brucedl53 »

Why don't lyrics show up in MMA for songs that I have the lyrics already in the tag, in iTunes?
Lowlander

Re: lyics not showing up

Post by Lowlander »

How did you sync the files to your device, are lyrics embedded in the files and what file format(s). I don't think MMA can read lyrics from the files themselves yet.
brucedl53

Re: lyrics not showing up

Post by brucedl53 »

All mp3 files with lyrics saved in itunes via a 3rd party application.
greenblack3000

Post by greenblack3000 »

Hi,
My lyrics works fine, in my case the lyrics are on the ID3 tags itself. Try checking the tag of the music to see if there is a field called "Lyrics" and whether the value is empty or not.
brucedl53

Post by brucedl53 »

When I open the files in an id3 editor, the lyrics appear in the files as expected. Does this require the paid version of mma?
DannyDeLoach

Post by DannyDeLoach »

I am having the same problem. I used MMW (4.1.1.1703) to download and embed lyrics into my mp3 tags. I used a third-party application to verify that the lyrics exist in the tags. Then I synced via WiFi to MMA (1.0.4.0245). However, when I play the file in MMA, I do not see any lyrics.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You did do the swipe from right to left to expose the lyrics no? For me this seems to work (I thought it wasn't implemented).
DannyDeLoach

Post by DannyDeLoach »

OK. That solved it! Swiping on the album art from right to left reveals the lyrics. I did not know that this was the method for displaying the lyrics. Thanks for your help!

(I won't mark this thread as solved, yet, because I'm not sure if the original poster has had their problem solved.)