[SOLVED] Sony Xperia Z1/Z Ultra not showing up in media tree

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

[SOLVED] Sony Xperia Z1/Z Ultra not showing up in media tree

Post by ed.j »

For some reason, my phone (Sony Xperia Z1, stock Android 4.4.2) is not showing up in the media tree.

Under Portable Device Sync, I have the phone (and its SD card) ticked - along with everything else

It shows up in Windows Explorer (as an MTP device) but simply not in MM 4.1.1.1703.

It has shown up before, and to my knowledge nothing changed between it showing and not showing.

Any ideas??
Lowlander

Re: Sony Xperia Z1 not showing up in media tree

Post by Lowlander »

It sounds like all is in order so you may want to capture the connecting of the device to the PC in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=12&t=69
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I've got exactly the same problem. This happened already with the last MMW version available on MMM website and I thought that the new beta 4.1.1.1704 would change but still the same issue. I am contacting the help-desk right now and sending them a debug file.
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I have just done a clean re-install (installing, deleting AppData files and registry files) but nothing changed.

-cheers-
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

I've seen somewhere that plugging in the phone in USB debug mode might do the trick. it didn't. Still can't sync my phone :(
MonkeyStrut

Impossible to synch Android phone with MMW

Post by MonkeyStrut »

hi --

I reopened a topic on this issue (impossibility to sync my phone with MMW) in a different section. I think it fits better here, in the bug section. If not, sorry for twice the same issue in different sections.

My problem is: although the drivers and phone name adequately appears in Options>sync section of MMW, when my phone is plugged in through USB, MMW acts as it was no here. Same thing over Wi-Fi. Happens both with MPT of mass storage mode. My phone is correctly recognized by Windows 7. I tried with and without USB debug enabled. Any help more than welcome!

The initial post can be found here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=76320

-cheers-
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

hi --

does anyone know if this comes from MMW, MMA or my phone?

thank you.
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

no answer of any sort. does someone has or had the same problem? did someone find how to fix this?

thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you send a debug log to support as suggested?
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

yes. didn't receive any reply from them neither.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thank you, the issue is tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12071

Can you confirm that the issue started after after Updating to Android 4.4.2 ? Seems to be trigger of this issue, right?
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Although not 100% sure, I think so.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

MediaMonkey uses same method of enumerating for MTP/WMDM devices as Windows Media Player, so often once MTP device isn't recognized by WMP then it is not recognized by MM too.

Could you check whter you have installed latest version of WMP and whether X1 is visible in WMP? I guess that it isn't as confirmed by one user (Fizard).

Also I wonder whether the tips here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/USB-c ... 74#U348074 could help?

Namely: "clear data for the application called MTPapp. Found here in your phone; Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > MTPapp > Clear data"
MonkeyStrut

Post by MonkeyStrut »

Hi --

The phone doenst' seem to be recognized by WMP. I've opened it and serach around for the phone but didn't find it (I guess I did the good search bit I have never used WMP before).

As regard clearing the cache of the MTP app I though that was it and was really optimistic, but unfortunately, nothing changes. My phone it still "invisible" for MMW but still visible, both phone and sd card, but windows explorer

-cheers-
cyful

Sony Xperia Z Ultra (4.4.2) Not Showing Up in Media Tree

Post by cyful »

I just change my phone from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.1.x) to Sony Xperia Z Ultra (4.2.2). Since then, I am not able to sync my music via MTP as the phone does not appear in Media Tree. I am using Windows 8. The device appear in Windows Explorer.

After i run the log tool, this is the outcome:
Result: 0
Revision: 524288
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post