MMA Playlist format

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

eskimoalva

MMA Playlist format

Post by eskimoalva »

I have been using MediaMonkey on Windows for years now, just got an Android device (Moto X with KitKat). I did a sync with MediaMonkey using MTP. Everything worked fine when using the Google Play Media Player. It detected all the playlists, played them, no problem.

Problem is, I dislike the usability of that player. So I downloaded the Android MMA, and it found all the music I had sync'd. It does not appear to be able to find the playlists though. The playlists are all there (in pla format if that makes a difference) if I look in the Playlists folder with the phone attached in Windows. It does detect all the sync'd music and can play it with no issue, the only issue is the playlists don't appear.

Do I have to set the sync up different for the Android App? I pretty much used the same settings I used to use for my old Sansa Fuze. Keep in mind that I am currently using a very old version of MediaMonkey on my PC, last time I tried to update it (admittedly years ago by now), the syncing with my Sandisk Sansa Fuze stopped working. My Windows version is 3.0.4.1185. The app version is 1.0.4.0245, I just downloaded it today.

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: MMA Playlist format

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 4.1 will directly sync with the MMA database and thus is recommended.

What format of Playlist has been synced to your device is set in the Device Profile. I presume MMA supports PLA. Maybe you need to add the Playlist folder to your Library folders in MMA and have it scanned (done in Options).
eskimoalva

Post by eskimoalva »

I handwrote an M3U file, and that worked fine, so it appears that the android player just didn't like PLA files. The PLAs were fine, all the other players opened them with no issue. That is something that may want to be looked at in the future.

I finally upgraded to MM 4 on the PC, since my version of 3 was broken with regards to M3U playlists. The android player picks up the playlists (MM4 can sync playlists as an M3U no problem) and they are filled in properly, but I have now run into a different strange problem. Every once in a while, the app skips a large chunk of the song. Meaning that I will play a song, it will play through to the end, but the next song starts 10s or whatever in. The amount of time that it skips seems to vary, though most are relatively short (I only had one occurrence today of it skipping more than a minute of the song). Most of the time it is in the 3-20s range. I didn't see any options with regards to overlapping between songs, though the varied nature of how it skips would seem to indicate it isn't a setting. Any ideas?

If you think it pertinent, since this is a different issue, I can open a different post with an updated title and whatnot.

Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You should send a debug log (from About screen) right after you experience the skip.
eskimoalva

Post by eskimoalva »

Who do I send it to? It said it was log ID 92UIBLICWZ. I am not sure if it actually uploaded anything or not. That was a relatively short skip, I can get one of a longer one if you need it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's send to the correct place automatically.
eskimoalva

Post by eskimoalva »

Excellent. Also, I am not sure if this helps, but it almost seems as if how much it skips depends on the song. The one song that skipped well over a minute seems to skip that much every time it comes on. I noticed that on a few of the other songs as well. I haven't run through the playlist more than once or twice, but it has been that way both times I have noticed it. I also uploaded log 27H6RWHH9R from the longer skip. This one skips over a couple of minutes of the song.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You may want to open a support ticket, reference the logs you send and include a file for which you can reproduce consistently: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/
eskimoalva

Post by eskimoalva »

I opened a ticket a while ago, #YOP-569-71481. Will I get any kind of notification when the issue is fixed?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

motorola don't like m3u. it changes it all the time to plz or pal files even when you syc by usb.
not sure why it does that it just does. i had the trouble for some time it was fixed once so my m3u files were working. but then my phone when crazy on me and the playlists never did syc proper again.

i'm not sure what it is but i got a new phone samsung galaxy note 2 and it does the same thing to the m3u files if you happen to start the default music player or if you open the playlist folder it uses on the phone's inphone storage. samsung even goes as far as to remove the m3u files after it converts them to pla files. it doesn't matter where you store the m3u files in the phone memory or the sd card.?

for now only thing i am doing to fix it is not using any other player but mma, and not opening the inphone playlist folder, i store the m3u files in the mediamonkey file folder on the sd card. and i keep copy's of the playlists on the computer i set up the same directory on the computer that the phone uses so all i have to do is remove the drive inducator from all the songs in the playlist before i copy them to the phone's sd card. it works that way., also have resorted to usb copying of the song files. mm usb sync is too slow. way too slow several dozen hours tooo slooow. the usb copy by the windows explorer took half as long as mm usb sync. :o

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When they work on your ticket (may take longer with bug reports) they're respond, which should get you an email notification.