Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by ZvezdanD »

Meander wrote:Since v4, MM has introduced a <skipped #> field in the database which is really useful. I'm able to create an autoplay list which filters those out for viewing, but the field doesn't appear to be supported in Magic Nodes as yet.
It is fully supported in the new, donation-only version of Magic Nodes: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 47#p385447

With the last freely available version you cannot create nodes with that field, nor you can use it for sorting/statistics, but you could create filters using it, for example: Songs.SkipCount = 10.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Meander

Post by Meander »

ZvezdanD,
Songs.SkipCount
That's what I was looking for - tried pretty well everything but that. Many thanks.
It is fully supported in the new, donation-only version of Magic Nodes
I'm just coming back to MM after a little lay off, so forgive me as I'm playing catch-up. Will follow up on that. :)
mdave13

Magic node to test for presence of ID3V1 tag.

Post by mdave13 »

I like to keep my files free of the id3v1 tags. Is there anyway of setting up a magic node to locate files with id3v1 tags? library is 50,000+ and running the cleaner in Mediamonkey runs the risk of corrupting files.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
ZvezdanD

Re: Magic node to test for presence of ID3V1 tag.

Post by ZvezdanD »

mdave13 wrote:Is there anyway of setting up a magic node to locate files with id3v1 tags?
Sorry, but Magic Nodes cannot do that.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
markeh

Post by markeh »

This node is to select 80 recently added jazz albums (Songs.Custom1 = 'j'):

80 recent Jazz|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 AND Songs.Custom1 = 'j'ORDER BY Min(DateAdded) DESC LIMIT 80)\<Artist>\<Album>

It works, except albums are not in track order - it seems that tracks are in random order.

Track number isn't one of the choices in the edit menu (why?)

I had assumed that I could add \<Track Number> at the end of the string but that isn't accepted - invalid mask.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by markeh on Sat May 31, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markeh

Post by markeh »

What is the easiest way to tell which version of MagicNodes I have installed??

thnx,

dtsig

Post by dtsig »

as with all extensions .. Tools->Extensions
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
markeh

Post by markeh »

[quote="dtsig"]as with all extensions .. Tools->Extensions[/quote

Well, that shows skins. No other extensions. I have RegExp and Magic Nodes installed, neither show up in the list.

Using MM 4.1.1.1703, if that matters.

But thanks for answering. :D

dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Odd .. it shows those for me
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You're installed extension should show under Tools > Extensions, all the ones I installed show there.
markeh

managing extensions /which Magic Nodes release is installed?

Post by markeh »

I posted a question in another forum, asking how to determine which release I had installed of Magic Nodes.

The suggestion was to look at Tools->Extensions.

But the only thing that shows up there is skins. Neither Magic Nodes (which is installed and working) or RegExp (ditto) show up in the
Tools->Extensions list.

So..
1. How can I tell which release is installed?

2. Is there something wrong with the way they were installed, and is there anything I should do to fix it?
I'm pretty sure that I installed both by opening (double clicking) the .mnip file, but that was quite a while ago.

thnx,

Meander

Re: managing extensions /which Magic Nodes release is instal

Post by Meander »

To view the version number of the script, right click on the .vbs file from explorer and open with...Notepad.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

markeh wrote:It works, except albums are not in track order - it seems that tracks are in random order.

Track number isn't one of the choices in the edit menu (why?)

I had assumed that I could add \<Track Number> at the end of the string but that isn't accepted - invalid mask.
With the freely available versions of Magic Nodes the tracks are sorted according to the used fields in the mask, and even that is not working always as it should. Also, the <Track Number> field doesn't exist in the freely available versions.

However, there is the enhanced donation-only version that has implemented both the mentioned field and the better way to specify the sorting order of tracks using Sort by qualifier applied to the field/node on the global level (http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 47#p385447).
markeh wrote:What is the easiest way to tell which version of MagicNodes I have installed??
As the others already told you, the regularly installed add-ons should be seen in the Extensions dialog box. Also, you could see the version numbers of many of my add-ons in the top-right corner of the corresponding page in the Options dialog box.
Meander

Re: managing extensions /which Magic Nodes release is instal

Post by Meander »

On the extensions issue:

First check the following folder, which can be found at Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\\MediaMonkey\Extensions (This is in XP). There should be a folder there, for each of the scripts in question, containing the uninstallers.

If that's the case, open up Application Data\MediaMonkey\Extensions.ini in Notepad and add the following to it for Magic Nodes:

Code: Select all

[MagicNodes]
Title=Magic Nodes
Description=Create new tree nodes in highly configurable way
VersionMajor=4
VersionMinor=2
VersionRelease=0
VersionBuild=0
Type=script
UpdateURL=http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/MagicNodes.xml
ConfigurationScript=C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\MagicNodes.vbs
ConfigurationProcedure=OptionsDialog()
Aso edit the versionMajor and Minor if different.

For the other script add:

Code: Select all

[RegExpReplace]
Title=RegExp Find and Replace
Description=Find and replace using VBScript/Regular expressions
VersionMajor=4
VersionMinor=3
VersionRelease=0
VersionBuild=0
Type=script
UpdateURL=http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/RegExpReplace.xml
ConfigurationScript=C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\RegExpReplace.vbs
ConfigurationProcedure=OptionsDialog()
Again, edit version number if necessary. Hopefully they'll now show up and can be uninstalled.

If the folders are missing in MediaMonkey\Extensions or it seems just a faff - reinstall/update the scripts.
matmat07

Post by matmat07 »

Hi. I don't know much about SQL, and I think I will have to use it for what I need: I would like to make a playlist or randomly selected tracks, with only 1 track per artist.

From what I've understood the only "easy" setting I found was to choose artists with a certain number of track.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance for the help