Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

knightatnight

Re: Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix 3.8.2 (2014-01-27)

Post by knightatnight »

I can't get this to show up at all? I am an admin, I see it in the extension. but there is nothing extra in the tree.. what am I doing wrong please help I somehow have TONS of duplicates.
Bex

Post by Bex »

You're supposed to find it in the "Files to Edit"-Node.
Is it really not there?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Hdhntr23

Post by Hdhntr23 »

How do I get this to prevent importing duplicates?

Im going to import several hundred files and I dont want to bring in any dupes.

If this add-on will prevent that how can I get it to do so?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it can't prevent this and there is nothing to prevent this from happening.
NewtonBoy

Post by NewtonBoy »

Weird issues with music files stored on an external drive. Windows 8.1, 1TB external drive used on various other machines.

I setup a meta data copy/paste rule to copy all metadata, move the destination file to the source directory, and delete the source file. At first I got an error code about a line in the VBS, and a message about permissions. Oddly, the file would move in the MM database, but the files remained. I removed/redownloaded/reinstalled, same. Took ownership of the file structure, and marked not "read-only," same. Gave "Everyone" Modify rights to the structure and everything was good for a while. In the middle of a session, it stopped working. I mean; it worked, I tried the next one, and it gave the errors again. R and R'ed the plugin again, and verified the permissions had not changed, still no. I gave "All Application Packages" modify rights, and it all seems better. No pending updates when the weirdness happened.

In order to test this, I removed "All Application Packages" from security, and it still works. I had a file which always caused the error, but it no longer shows up in my list of dupes, even though it is in both places. MM finds them, but ADF&F does not. I even removed both of them from the library only, and MM found them again, but not ADF&F.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I was hoping that as I wrote this all out, something would make sense but it doesn't. Drive passes Windows checks, I'm pretty good about maintaining the MM Database, and everything is fine on other machines in other players. What am I missing?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Hi NewtonBoy,
I'm sorry but I don't know why you're having these issues.
NewtonBoy wrote:At first I got an error code about a line in the VBS, and a message about permissions.
Can you provide a screen shot of the error and also the message about permissions.
NewtonBoy wrote:MM finds them, but ADF&F does not. I even removed both of them from the library only, and MM found them again, but not ADF&F.
ADF&F's duplicate search only works on files in the database. When you say that MM finds them, do you browse in the My Computer node?
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
NewtonBoy

Post by NewtonBoy »

Life Pro Tip; Don't try to troubleshoot when you are tired.
Figured out why the file didn't show up; the file moved in the file system, and my Duplicate search preset includes an "At least One" playlist which is an autoplaylist that goes by location.

Apologies for the wall of text. I'm doing all this inbetween work-things at work.

Error condition;
It was working fine, until I ran MM without Admin mode. (I had the shortcut configured to auto "Administrator mode," but for some reason it had stopped doing that.) Can't get a screenshot, but the error is;
Error #70 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Permission Denied
File: "c:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ADvancedDuplicateFindFIx.vbs", Line: 5294, Column: 10.
then an error box that says;
Error executing script event Permission denied.

Troubleshooting steps;
1; I restarted MM, with admin, and it stayed, until I restarted it again. This time I just get the second smaller window, not the VBS error.
The metadata was mostly copied, but one of the fields remained populated when it should have been cleared.
2; Restarted again, after checking permissions on the files in question, back to the VBS error.
3; Granted All Application Packages explicit Modify access to the destination for the metadata paste, and restarted MM; VBS error
4; Granted All Application Packages explicit Modify access to the source for the metadata paste, and restarted MM; VBS error
(It's broken good, now.)
5; Remove the plugin, restart MM, Reinstall, still Nothing good.
6; Granted All Application Packages Modify to each directory one at a time, After granting to the Source directory, the VBS error goes away, but the second stays, and so do the files, but the Metadata copies over as expected now.
7; Here's the Punchline;
I just went to a file pair which I had never used before, and it worked perfectly. And undoing previous troubleshooting steps does not break it for new file pairs.

Results;
Once I have a problem with a file, I will always have a problem with that file, seemingly no matter what I do. I can't say the file is corrupt, because it works fine in other Applications, and MM. I can't say it's permissions, because they have no effect once it works. I can't say it's the script, because it works on other files. I ran a "Rebuild Full-Text..." and "Optimize database (Complete)," and the same files have the same problems. Reboot Windows, The Script error returns for one of the files "damaged," but other file pairs work perfectly.
Media Monkey Gold 4.1.14.1813 Portable
Windows 10 anniversary, i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD, Library on External drive
14MB Media Monkey Database
929 GB Library
Bex

Post by Bex »

The line 5294 is about copying linked Album Art to the new location which it doesn't seem to have permission to. Is that of any help to solve the issue?

All My Scripts
Falomain

Fixing tracks with damaged sound

Post by Falomain »

nohitter,
Installed the Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix addon, and looks great, powerful! In this version, rather than just a prompt if I want to delete the old data, a full dialog with options is displayed, which I think I understand fully. However, the last option at the bottom, "Move the Pasted To" tracks to the deleted "Copy to" Tracks' Old Path is greyed out, even though I have checked Delete Copied Track(s). I am working on an album as a whole, so I am offered the ListToList - Manual Selection when I use Paste Metadata on the newly ripped album. I have also tried to Configure an AutoAction but the "Move..." option is greyed out here, too.

Any idea why this occurs, and how to enable this super-convenient option?
You know, my music files live on a networked drive but I always rip CDs on my PC's hard disk, where I add artwork, correct genres etc. before moving the tracks to the server.
Thank you.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and Merged with existing post
nohitter151

Re: Fixing tracks with damaged sound

Post by nohitter151 »

Falomain wrote:nohitter,
Installed the Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix addon, and looks great, powerful! In this version, rather than just a prompt if I want to delete the old data, a full dialog with options is displayed, which I think I understand fully. However, the last option at the bottom, "Move the Pasted To" tracks to the deleted "Copy to" Tracks' Old Path is greyed out, even though I have checked Delete Copied Track(s). I am working on an album as a whole, so I am offered the ListToList - Manual Selection when I use Paste Metadata on the newly ripped album. I have also tried to Configure an AutoAction but the "Move..." option is greyed out here, too.

Any idea why this occurs, and how to enable this super-convenient option?
You know, my music files live on a networked drive but I always rip CDs on my PC's hard disk, where I add artwork, correct genres etc. before moving the tracks to the server.
Thank you.
I don't know why it's greyed out, but I do use that option and it works ok for me. I am not at home to check the addon, so you might get a faster answer if you post your question in the advanced duplicate thread in the forum.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sperk

Post by sperk »

I'm trying to figure this script out. If I want to find duplicate tracks in a folder do I do this:
1. add all the tracks in that folder to a playlist
2. run"custom duplicate search" with the General Playlist being the one with all the tracks on it and "at least one playlist" being "no playlist."

or is there an easier way of doing it? I don't see why I have to add the songs to a playlist. Can't it just search in the folder?
thanks
roboyle3

Post by roboyle3 »

I'm having issues with the script. I've run the script multiple times and I've cleaned up a number of duplicates. So on the surface everything appears to work fine. I just started to do a manual check for duplicates and I'm still finding them. I understand metadata and the settings in the script. I have visually verified that under the parameters of the custom search there should have been more files.

I'm not sure if its a problem with the versioning of the tags or something unseeable, <- if thats a word. The spelling, spaces, title, and time all fall within the parameters on the script. Any advice or help would be awesome.
Vladimir

Post by Vladimir »

Just posting this incase it helps anyone else and/or can be fixed..
I have been having a problem where copy & paste metadata won't work in my "custom columns". Worked out it was because I renamed them from "Custom 1", "Custom 2" etc and one of them had a comma in the name. If that column was selected then none of them worked and it came up with an "expected statement" error.
When I took the comma out it worked again.
baldmosher

Post by baldmosher »

Well, with 27895 duplicate nodes, I decided it was easier to delete the database and start again.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

Again this script's playlist reference relocate feature just saved me probably an hour of messing around sedding .M3Us.

Thanks! And where is the donate button?
Chris