Lyric Timer 4.0 - Updated 03/08/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for finding that bug orthimas. I am working on a new version at the moment, although as I'm working on new versions of other scripts too, it might be a while before it's ready for release.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.0) is now available from my website. This has many new features including...

- Should now run in "My Computer" security zone
- Fixed error on save because data missing
- Added automatic importing from EvilLyrics (*)
- Added function to add lyric lines
- Added function to edit lyric lines
- Added function to delete lyric lines
- Fixed highlighting from getting out of sync

* Note that the lyrics are not saved in the tags until you hit the save button. You must specify the path to your EvilLyrics in the script, or make it blank if you do not wish to use this feature.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Trixmoto:

I am trying to give this script a whirl in order to download lyrics from EvilLyrics but although I have pointed it to the directory where my lyrics are being stored, it is not generating the lyrics in the viewer. Is there a setup somewhere else I should be changing??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Well it only picks up lyrics which EvilLyrics have already downloaded and saved. Are you sure EvilLyrics had created a file for the track you are viewing using this script?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

That's probably where the problem for some of the files lies since I've been using both Evillyrics and Minilyrics to download files, not sure which is the program which downloaded the file but there are some which EL has just downloaded but it is not being picked up by LT.

Any other thoughts??

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

You'd have to let me know what your variables are at the top of your script, what the track details are, and where the EvilLyrics file is for this track.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

These are the only variables which I changed for the script:

Dim EvilLyrics : EvilLyrics = "w:\Music\Music Library\lyrics\" '(*) leave blank if you don't want this feature
Dim RecheckSecs : RecheckSecs = 3 'number of seconds before rechecking EvilLyrics

I don't know what details you want for the mp3 file but the lyric files are downloading to the directory above.

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I need to know the Artist name and the Track title. I think the problem is probably because EvilLyrics is saving the lyrics in a different file than the script is looking for, probably due to a non-alpha-numeric character.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, I do have some with non-alpha characters so I can understand why they are not working but I also have some without. An example, the file name is 112 - Dance With Me Remix.mp3, the EL file name is 112 - Dance with Me Remix. I have El setup to rename the lyrics as the same as the file.

Nyn

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I might need to create a debug version to see what this isn't working...
Kirsi

Re: Lyric Timer 3.0 [MM2]

Post by Kirsi »

Hi, I can't find the download for Lyric Timer on your website?
trixmoto

Re: Lyric Timer 3.0 [MM2]

Post by trixmoto »

Unfortunately this script was never updated for MM3, let alone MM4, so it's no longer supported.
trixmoto

Re: Lyric Timer 4.0 - Updated 03/08/2014

Post by trixmoto »

New version (4.0) is available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Updated for MM4 with new installation package
- Updated output to be HTML5 and moved to %temp%
- Fixed loop option by switching off crossfade
- Added option to auto-scroll down the page

This is the first time the script has worked properly in MM4, so please let me know if you have any issues with it.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Thanks. It's a nice plugin. Undocking the panel solves the issue with the space it takes and you can stretch it however you need.

Issues:
1.When you open the script/revert changes, you are greeted with this message from Windows Security:

Code: Select all

An ActiveX control on this page may be unsave to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction.
2.When you click on "Edit" and then click "Cancel", the line loses it's text and goes blank.

Suggestions:
1.I'd suggest putting lines in <textarea>s. That way we would be able to edit them right away and revert changes made to each line by pressing Ctrl + Z.
2.Instead/besides the timestamp buttons for each line it would be nice to have a button next to "Loop:Yes/No" which would set a timestamp to the current line and automatically move the focus to the next one.
3.Along with the 2nd suggestion, the ability to manually move focus from line to line (by clicking them or at least using radio buttons) would be much appreciated.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do in the next version.