WiFi Sync Fail after Android 4.4.2 update

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

jgkingdallas

WiFi Sync Fail after Android 4.4.2 update

Post by jgkingdallas »

My GS3 updated to 4.4.2 and no longer syncs the portion of the library stored on the external SD card. The portion stored on the internal card syncs fine. The files on the external SD are playable in MediaMonkey so I know that MediaMonkey can see them, they just don't update when I sync. Any ideas?
Lowlander

Re: WiFi Sync Fail after Android 4.4.2 update

Post by Lowlander »

You can read on this in plenty of posts. Google put SD card access restrictions in Android 4.4 KitKat. Make sure you've update MMW to 4.1.3 and MMA to the latest beta as the developers are working on resolving this. Do send debug logs from MMA (from About screen) after you've updated both if you still have issues.
jgkingdallas

Post by jgkingdallas »

I downloaded MMA Beta, and WiFi sync is working on my GS3 to some extent, now that I've figured out the algorithm. Internal memory WiFi sync still works fine. For SD card sync, I start by using the Android File Browser to remove a sub-folder from my existing library structure on the SD card (for which the top level folder is "Music")...say a particular artist folder which may have some album subfolders. I then tell MMA to rescan for changed/new library items. I then tell it to Sync Now. It discovers all of the missing files from the server and tries to download them, but it fails on every one of them. I then tell it to Sync Now again. This time, it copies all of them successfully, putting them into an MMA Music subfolder buried in the Android folder on the SD card. The files are there and they are playable in MMA. The acid test will be to remove the top level Music folder I was using and have MMA sync all of it...on the second try! This will take time as there are ~ 3500 songs. Not sure why the first time fails and the second time succeeds. Hopefully once everything is migrated to the MMA-controlled folder, that problem will go away.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Send a debug log right after wifi sync from MMA (from About screen). You can post the log ID here for reference.