Track 9 Skin v.1.0 (22.07.2014)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

CoachUK

Track 9 Skin v.1.0 (22.07.2014)

Post by CoachUK »

It's been over 18 months since I last posted, but I realised that I never got around to posting the last of the 'Track#' skins back in 2012 so I thought I'd put it up now if anyone wanted it....

TRACK 9 v.1.0

First released: 22-07-2014

Current version: 1.0.1

Last Update: 12-08-2014
v.1.0.1 Background adjusted for Properties panel to improve contrast of Lyrics pane and edit boxes.

Includes a vertically resizable Mini Player (Drag on lower edge of player to open and close).
MonkeyRok, Lyrics & Comment Viewer, and Song Information skins available.

Main Theme & Player

MiniPlayer (Float Player)

Downloads:

Track9
MonkeyRok
Lyrics & Comments Viewer
Song Info
Last edited by CoachUK on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lifetime Gold since 2004...the Monkey just gets better and better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
popsmike

Re: Track 9 Skin v.1.0 (22.07.2014)

Post by popsmike »

Hey Coach i may be missing something really simple here but can you tell me what i do with the song info zip contents please.
loving the skin by the way.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@popsmike Glad you like the skin. I'm assuming that you have the Song Information Panel script installed. If not, you can get it here http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... nformation

For the skin, simply download the .zip file and then unzip it to the location where the Song Information script has been installed. There should be a folder at this location called Themes and you unzip the Track9 theme (folder) here.

e.g. C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Scripts\SongInformation\themes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skins: NouveauDark : Trilia : eiBox : Nbeat : IceBlue/IceGrey : Diastrom : Magneto : iPhonish : Ultra : Desire & Desired : Aracebo : Abrax : miniMus : Quatx : ND3 : Omia : Origin.X : Track 7 / 8 / 9 : Xpres: OSW8: Enviro1, Enviro2, Enviro3: Electra
popsmike

Post by popsmike »

Great thanks, I did not have the panel but did a search for it just before you posted the link so all up and working now.
Iv just d'led a couple more of your skins to look at so hopefully they are of the same calibre!!
Thanks
gpzbc

Post by gpzbc »

Nice work on this skin! Thanks!
--
The gpzbc
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

I really, really like the color of this skin. But like many other darker skins the lyrics are light on a light background. Any idea what to change using the Theme Editor to get a darker font?

Thank you for another beautiful skin.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker Glad you're liking the skin.

A 'quick fix' for the lyrics text colour is to change it in the Editor as follows:-
...Load Theme.mskn
...Fonts
...Scroll down to 'Edit Text Box Normal' and select it
...Click on 'Change Color' button
...Select Black from the 'Basic Colors'
...Save the revised Theme.mskn
...Re-zip into the .msz file

HOWEVER...This will have the effect of changing all the edit box texts to black, e.g. all the sections on the properties panel tabs that use the edit box feature. You'll also note that some items remain as white text as these use other features such as combobox so this will have the effect of an inconsistent colouring for panel related texts. Same applies for the 'Options/Settings' Panel. Unfortunately, you can't specify to change only the Lyrics text.

What can be changed since MM4.1 is the ability to set the background colour for the edit box. Again, unfortunately, you can't be specific about which box backgrounds to change, so wherever the edit box feature is used the background colour would change.

The obvious question is... does it have to be black text for lyrics, etc., or would the original white text be ok if the background was darker?

I'm going to have a play around with the latter option to see if I can get something acceptable and I'll let you see the result to give an opinion/suggestion. Not sure if I can get to it straight away so you might want to make a copy of the skin and rename it and try the text colour thing above to keep you going.

Best wishes as always... :wink:
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker...OK...change of plan...just had a quick tinker with the graphic file on the basis of quick and simple, and this kinda works for me....

Let me know what you think...

rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

You are my freaking hero, Coach. Makes this skin amazing, I would really like to use that!!

However, I will still need to try your first solution as I currently have 14 skins that need the same work (some are yours, hint hint wink wink).
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker... And you, my friend, are a fast talker!!! Freaking hero my

Track9.mmip updated on file server and can be downloaded from the main post on this thread. Alternatively, the Track9.msz file can be downloaded here and dropped into your skins folder.

P.S. Looks like you've got something in your eye....all that winking you're doing :wink:
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

CoachUK wrote:@rrfpacker... And you, my friend, are a fast talker!!! Freaking hero my

Track9.mmip updated on file server and can be downloaded from the main post on this thread. Alternatively, the Track9.msz file can be downloaded here and dropped into your skins folder.

P.S. Looks like you've got something in your eye....all that winking you're doing :wink:
I went to the link and downloaded the .msz file, put it in skins folder. It still has white background in the lyrics window...is this supposed to be the new one?

Also, your solution above about changing the font color won't work, at least not on the ND3 Blue skin. You are right, it changes all the fonts and so the Edit Properties now has black font on black background. There has to be an easier solution doesn't there?
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker... I just downloaded the .msz file myself and it works fine, as per the picture below.

I'm sure you've already done this, but try restarting MM. If that doesn't work, select a different skin and then reselect Track9. Next, try renaming the original Track9.msz to Track999.msz then download the new version and try again. After that, I'm not sure what else it can be....using the latest release of MM? Maybe try uninstalling the skin completely and then download the .mmip loader and try again?

As for the font change, I was only meaning for this skin where the background was light enough for the black to contrast. On darker skins, the only way I can see is to modify each skin to pick up a dark background so that the original light text contrasts.

Let me know if you get it working ok.
CoachUK

Post by CoachUK »

@rrfpacker...Hmmmm...not sure what is going on here.

I just re-read your post and noticed that you said ND3 ended up black on black. I'm assuming from previous comments that you had a white Lyrics Tab with white text. Below is a screen shot of ND3 straight out of the box which has a medium-grey background and the white text is clearly visible. I've not changed anything on this. Also, all edit boxes pick up the medium-grey colour and do not have a black background.

I then flicked through a few other threads and noticed that on the Vision thread you said that you had the same with that skin. I don't have Vision on my laptop, so I just downloaded it from DreadM's link and installed it. The last update of this skin was 2012, so pre-introduction of MM4.1. As you can see below, I get white text on a black background.

I can see that others are getting the same problem as you with various skins, but I have no idea what it can be. The only thought that comes to mind is do you have the latest version of MM and do you have a 'standard' or 'portable' install? Not that I can see any reason why that would have any effect on this panel alone.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Well, I am at a complete loss as to why my skins are different from yours. I have MM version 4.1.1.1703 with portable install (have not updated to any new version as usually when I do something goes wrong and I spend days fixing it. AND, it didn't seem any new version had anything I needed.).

I downloaded the mmip for Track 9 today from the first post in the thread and installed. I still have white lyrics on white background. All of my ND3 have white lyrics on white background and so does Vision.

Back to the ND3; I modified the blue version changing the font color as you suggested. The font color for the lyrics changed to black so I have black on white but the font color also changed in every other tab, just as you said it would (Basic, Classification, etc.) so now I have black font on black background.

I suppose I can update to latest version, but do you think that's the problem? I've had this issue for a very long time.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Try changing the background to notepad it is I believe the window color in the desktop properties of windows. See if that changes the lyrics background if so then you might have found a bug dealing with hardware.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.