Inline Lyrics 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dolf-volkoff

How to make InlineLyrics jump to right timestamp instantly?

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Hi. Right now, when you change position of the seek bar during playback, it takes InlineLyrics some time to catch up. That's really slow and awkward. Is there a way to make InlineLyrics jump to the right timestamp instantly without going through the whole lyrics again?
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing topic
trixmoto

Re: How to make InlineLyrics jump to right timestamp instant

Post by trixmoto »

It's probably possible for me to re-write the script so that it does this. It was one of my earlier scripts, so it's probably pretty simplistic.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dolf-volkoff

Re: How to make InlineLyrics jump to right timestamp instant

Post by dolf-volkoff »

trixmoto wrote:It's probably possible for me to re-write the script so that it does this. It was one of my earlier scripts, so it's probably pretty simplistic.
That would be much appreciated :)

Also, since you already have Inline Lyrics code, maybe it would be possible to turn Inline Lyrics into something like MusicBee's lyrics plugin? Basically it is the ultimate lyrics plugin many of us always wanted. When the lyrics doesn't have timestamps, it acts like simple dockable lyrics viewer with scroll bar, but when a track have timestamped lyrics in the lyrics tag it scrolls down the lyrics line by line based on the timestamps.

If this is possible to do, it would be pretty awesome :D

PS: Currently Mediamonkey has MiniLyrics add-on that does something like that, but it doesn't use the Lyrics tag for timestamped lyrics (so it can't write lyrics into .flac files, or read it from them), has nag messages, and is a separate program, which leads to a bunch of integration problems.
trixmoto

Re: Inline Lyrics 3.1 - Updated 24/03/2009

Post by trixmoto »

I think this would probably be a separate script, or at least a very different mode, as it would be a totally different way of displaying the lyrics. But I'll add it to my list.

I also used to have a "Lyric Timer" script that was a dockable panel and made it easier to create timed lyrics, but it's never worked in MM4.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

trixmoto wrote:I think this would probably be a separate script, or at least a very different mode, as it would be a totally different way of displaying the lyrics. But I'll add it to my list.
I'll be keeping my eyes for the news :D
trixmoto wrote:I also used to have a "Lyric Timer" script that was a dockable panel and made it easier to create timed lyrics, but it's never worked in MM4.
Yes, I tried that one. The first version of Mediamonkey I tried it with was 4.0.6 or 4.0.7, so... yeah, it didn't quite work. I like the idea, but I don't think a dockable panel is the best choice for lyrics editor, as the editor needs as much space it can get.

What I have in mind is more of a modification of the standard lyrics editing field in Mediamonkey. I'm not sure if it's doable through scripting, but, if there was a way to replicate MiniLyrics' "Lyrics editor" controls and attach them to Mediamonkey's lyrics editing field, we could easily get rid of MiniLyrics altogether.

Right now I'm using MiniLyrics' "Lyrics editor" to synchronize the lyrics, and then copy&paste it to files properties' Lyrics field, which, as you can imagine, isn't the most comfortable way of doing it. A plugin that can save me from this would be very welcome :)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Unfortunately it's not possible to change the way the built-in lyrics editor works, it would have to be a separate dockable panel for it to be done by scripting.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Well, in that case, maybe instead of being a different plugin, the editor should open in some kind of "Editing mode" of the lyrics plugin. That way it will take the same space as the lyrics plugin (or maybe open in a non-dockable window which would close after user finished editing), which is very relevant as we don't have this functionality yet.
trixmoto

Re: Inline Lyrics 3.2 - Updated 29/07/2014

Post by trixmoto »

New version (3.2) is now available to download from my website. I have fixed the sync delay when seeking in a track.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Thanks! The fix works great.

But you really need to do something about this line:

Code: Select all

Call SDB.MessageBox("InlineLyrics: The progress bar has been lost",mtError,Array(mbOk))
It seems to cause this error when you start song after song from Windows Explorer:

InlineLyrics: The progress bar has been lost
It might have something to do with switching between songs that have lyrics in them and songs that don't, but it's not entirely clear, so it might be random.

And it seems to cause this error when you start song after song from Mediamonkey's Now Playing:

Error executing script event.
Access violation at address 009A6D4E in module "MediaMonkey.exe". Read of address 17FD07AB.
Removing the line entirely seems to fix both errors without any side effects.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmm, that's odd. I'll have to try and replicate.
veroK

Post by veroK »

It worked for me for a couple of songs that had lyrics on evilyrics. The one track I tried that didn't, gave me all kind of errors. Then I tried to ADD a timestamp line to a song and it crashed pretty spectacularly.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

They have to be in the right format for it to work properly. Any particular errors?
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

trixmoto wrote:They have to be in the right format for it to work properly. Any particular errors?
Now that veroK mentioned it, I recall that there was an issue with blank lines in the lyrics. I used to copy timestamped lyrics from MiniLyrics editor and there sometimes was an extra blank line at the end that I didn't notice. It caused some kind of an error, but I don't remember what it said. Now I always check for that and remove blank lines, so the issue doesn't occur to me anymore.

But I think it would be better if the add-on didn't react on things like that with errors, as there might be instances, where the user didn't notice an extra blank line, doesn't want the lyrics for a particular song to be timestamped at all, or wants to add /*comments*/ to lyrics, that must only appear in editor.

I think it would be best if the add-on just skipped blank lines and lines without timestamps not showing any kind of notice, and just focused on timestamped lines.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I think the script should ignore any line that doesn't start with "[", but I'll double check it.
veroK

Post by veroK »

dolf-volkoff wrote:
trixmoto wrote:They have to be in the right format for it to work properly.
WHAT format world that be?
trixmoto wrote:
Any particular errors?
See image below for the errors that pop-up.