Can't able to delete device from Media Sharing List [#13539]

Get answers about sharing MediaMonkey for Windows 4 with different devices.

Moderator: Gurus

monkeyfan1970

Can't able to delete device from Media Sharing List [#13539]

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Hello,

Under Media Sharing, if you click Options.., under UPnP/DLNA tab, there is no Remove button to remove unwanted device from the list.

Please add a button in your next build.
Thank you.
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
nohitter151

Re: [1714] Can't able to delete device from Media Sharing Li

Post by nohitter151 »

You just uncheck the box under "Enabled" in order to not share with that device.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

nohitter151 wrote:You just uncheck the box under "Enabled" in order to not share with that device.
It does not solve the problem. Uncheck is not equal no Remove. Please add the Remove Button. Thanks.

I do not understand why does adding a remove button is considered as a wish list. How can users remove the devices that they do not want? Not able to do that is considered a problem.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

What is "Removing" from the list going to accomplish? If the device is connected to the network it is just going to be added back to the list after removing!
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It is useful if the device no longer will be connected. Now you'll just be collecting more and more devices in the list. This has already been requested and discussed though.
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

nohitter151 wrote:What is "Removing" from the list going to accomplish? If the device is connected to the network it is just going to be added back to the list after removing!
What is removing going to accomplish? Well, what is deleting desktop shortcuts going to accomplish? The "Remove Button" will help keep the list tidy and clean. Old and outdated devices can be deleted.

Is adding a remove button that complicated?
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

No .. it wouldn't be that complicated. Just remember that many people have been using MM since the beginning of time and are used to the multikey, multiclick or just ignoring way of doing things :) Like so many requests you are just getting questions about why you would ever want a clean list. There could be some with 50+ listings there and only 2 devices on their network and doesn't bother them :).
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, it's that there are 100s of simple little requests and then any specific small request is a lot of work due to so many small requests that need to be taken care off. Thus development time needs to be allocated to some requests only. Unfortunately that means we all have many requests that are still outstanding. Additionally a big problem is localization. Any request that results in new text to be used requires it to be translated. This means that those requests automatically get delayed till the big releases where they can do localization changes. There is also user perception of easy (I do presume this is "easy"), where what seems easy on the surface, may affect much more code and thus require more work/testing than we realize and thus gets delayed for big updates. Then there is also the concern about the eco-system (again I doubt it's an issue here) where updates may affect Addons, which shouldn't happen too often.

Don't forget that the current 4.1.x update cycle we're going through is mostly meant for bug fixes and not any new features/requests. A 4.2 release would have smaller features/requests included and a 5.x release could be a major rewrite (thinks Skin engine/Addon framework/features), where the eco-system could have big impacts (Skins/Addons/localization). As an example. 4.0 got DLNA capability, 4.1 got DLNA enhanced with Play To whereas 4.0.x and 4.1.x releases got specific DLNA (generally with specific DLNA clients) issues fixed.
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

The remove button should be there right from the start when DLNA was introduced. Even router device list has remove button. Please add this button in the next version. Thanks.
starsky

Re: [1714] Can't able to delete device from Media Sharing List

Post by starsky »

LOL over 4 years later and still this isn't implemented!

For all those people on this thread that said what is a remove button supposed to accomplish, I'll tell you right now.

My MediaMonkey syncing from Android to Windows is f**ed up all the time, it works then after a bit it stops. I am using latest versions of both apps, and there was a time about a year ago when this worked flawlessly. YEs I checked firewalls and network.

On closer inspection in the list of UPnP/DLNA devices, I see a problem where I have the WRONG IP associated to a mac address. I don't know how this happened. But one reason to be able to delete devices in adition to keeping the list tidy, is that if you see some corrupted or suspect entry which may be causing a sync issue, it would be nice to DELETE the device and let it redetect itself so a accurate entry can be populated.

Sigh.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you referring to UPnP server settings as there I can easily delete devices there and apron next connection it asks for permission.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
starsky

Post by starsky »

Hi Pavle, yes I am referring to MMW options -> Media Sharing (UPnP/DLNA). When I go into the options for my media server I can see a list of devices. Yes, there I see a remove button and I can click it to remove each entry. However, once I navigate back in there all the same devices show up again. Some of the devices in my list are very old and no longer exist on the network, but yet they still show up as though they never really got deleted.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

starsky

Post by starsky »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm Sounds similar to: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=13539
Yes, clearly it's a problem and will hopefully be fixed asap.
Peke

Re: Can't able to delete device from Media Sharing List [#13539]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I raised priority for revision.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts