Syncing with phone puts songs in wrong folder

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Chromana

Syncing with phone puts songs in wrong folder

Post by Chromana »

Hi. When I use MM to sync music onto my phone (Samsung Nexus S) the songs get put into the wrong place.

I have Sync Tracks To set to "\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title>" in the configuration menu for the device.

MM ignores this and places any tracks into the root directory, and not in any folders at all.

When plugged in my phone acts as a USB mass storage device, so it should all work easily. It worked fine with my old phone.

So what I have to do at the moment is export any playlists to WMP and then sync through WMP (which works perfectly, by the way). Obviously that is a hassle though...
Lowlander

Re: Syncing with phone puts songs in wrong folder

Post by Lowlander »

Chromana

Post by Chromana »

Thanks.
spicymeatboll

Post by spicymeatboll »

Hi.

I'm having the same problem for some folders. Some sync just fine.

In addition, some album artists appear as "Unknown Artist", although the tags seem to be OK.

I've looked everywhere. I'm using the most updated beta version.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no beta version out. Are you using MMW 4.1.5 and MMA 1.0.7? What device and version of Android?
spicymeatboll

Post by spicymeatboll »

I am using MMW 4.1.5.1719 and MMA beta 1.0.7.0311.

The "Unknown Artist" problem seems to be a bug in my music player (Doubletwist), because it appears correctly on MMA. That's strange... I don't know how to solve it yet.

The folder sync still seems to be a MMA/MMW sync issue. It happens for only one of my albums. After I move it to the right folder on my phone, re-syncing moves only the album art back to the wrong folder again.

Thanks.
jgkingdallas

Post by jgkingdallas »

I'm seeing an odd situation. Running MMA-Beta 1.0.7.0311, MMW 4.1.5.1719, syncing approximately 3,000 songs to my MMA on my GS3 phone from MMW via wi-fi (and no syncing in the opposite direction). Four songs get stored on the phone in the wrong place, but they all show up correctly in the MMA organizer. Operationally, I have no complaint - the songs are listed where they should be and they play just fine. But these types of anomalies can be indicative of subtle software bugs they may have larger impact in some other situation. I have reviewed the tags extensively with three different applications and can find nothing that distinguishes these songs from the others on their respective albums. Two songs are from the same 20-song album, but they get stored in the Unknown Folder, under the correctly named album subfolder, along with the album artwork (a duplicate of the artwork that is stored in the correct folder under artist/album). Another song gets stored in the Unknown Folder under its correctly named album subfolder, but without the album artwork, whereas the other songs in this album are stored correctly under the artist/album subfolder. These three songs are mapped to my external SD card and are under the Android/Data/... folder chain. The fourth song is mapped to my phone's internal SD drive under Music. The song is "I'm Blue" from the album "Their First LP" by The Spencer Davis Group. On MMW, this song, along with the other 11 songs on this album, is stored in subfolder /Music/The Spencer Davis Group/Their First LP. On MMA, 11 songs get stored in an identically named subfolder, but "I'm Blue" gets stored in /Music/Spencer Davis Group/Their First LP. The only difference is "The" is missing. Thus, on the phone, I have subfolders named "The Spencer Davis Group" and "Spencer Davis Group", each having a subfolder "Their First LP", with 11 songs in one and one song in the other. I have tried various combinations of deleting, rescanning and resyncing to no avail. I'm also having a handful of similar issues pertaining to album artwork; the artwork exists as "Folder.jpg" in the MMW folders but does not get synced (translated to AlbumArt.jpg) on MMA. Out of a couple hundred albums, there's only a few that have artwork issues. But since everything is coded and stored correctly under MMW, it makes no sense that it would not be correct when synced under MMA.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Start with checking tags in MMW as well as what sync Path you've set. Whatever sub-folder of Album mask you've set may actually be unknown.
Finleyville

Post by Finleyville »

Sorry to necro post...

I am having the same problem as the OP, but the answer link provided in the first response is dead. How do I force the sync to the appropriate phone folder when it is correctly delineated in the sync settings?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and Android?