Lyric Timer 4.0 - Updated 03/08/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

dolf-volkoff

Re: Lyric Timer 4.0 - Updated 03/08/2014

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Another good (but sometimes tricky) practice of making editors with html5 might be using elements with contenteditable attribute. That way you would even be able to make syntax highlighting (much like in MiniLyrics editor).
Structure can be something like this:
<div id="textarea" contenteditable>
<p class="str selected" id="str1"><span class="tmstamp">
[00:00.000]</span> String 1</p>
<p class="str" id="str2><span class="tmstamp">
[00:01.000]</span> String 2</p>
<p class="str" id="str3"><span class="tmstamp">
[00:02.000]</span> String 3</p>
<p class="str" id="str4"><span class="tmstamp">
[00:05.000]</span> String 4</p>
<p class="str" id="str5"><span class="tmstamp">
[00:10.000]</span> String 5</p>
<p class="str" id="str6"><span class="tmstamp">
[01:50.457]</span> String 6</p>
...etc.
</div>
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, I did think about that, but I was worried about browser support. Obviously MM uses an IE window to do the job, and I wasn't sure how good the support would be on older versions. I've just had a look online and it seems like it should work back as far as IE8, so maybe in the next version.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

Well, I finally got around to test this plugin a little. So, here's the list of issues:
  • The plugin sees only those files that are in library, or other files if you run them while a file from library is playing. In other cases it just ignores the file.
  • The plugin doesn't really save the timestamped lyrics to files. The timestamped lyrics somehow shows in the file's properties, but if you look at the file tags with MediaInfo Lite, you'll see that the file still has not-timestamped lyrics, and if you remove the file from library and add it back again, the timestamps from it's properties will be gone.

My current workaround is: after timestamping the lyrics to go into the current file's properties, and to save the timestamped lyrics from there.
  • Unstoppable flood of error messages when trying to delete/add a line. Happens randomly. Can't quite yet figure out a way to trigger it at will.
  • Constant Windows Security messages about untrusted ActiveX content, when you open script, revert changes or add/remove a line.
Hope these issues could be fixed, 'cause other than those the plugin works pretty good.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The first two are just how MM works, it allows access to tracks in the library and stores the details in the database. Whether or not it writes them back into the file, and what tag is used, is controlled by MM, not my script.

If you can replicate the errors, please let me know and I'll try to fix them.

There are lots of threads about the ActiveX errors, try searching for the solution. There's a registry change you need to make to stop them.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

trixmoto wrote:The first two are just how MM works, it allows access to tracks in the library and stores the details in the database. Whether or not it writes them back into the file, and what tag is used, is controlled by MM, not my script.
But isn't there a way not to involve the library and just use the metadata from the currently playing file?
trixmoto wrote:If you can replicate the errors, please let me know and I'll try to fix them.
Well, all I can gather is sometimes when you click "add" it causes a flood of errors that say something like:

Code: Select all

Error executing script event.
Object required: 'doc.getElementbyId(...)'
I don't know, whether it depends on the file (cause sometimes "add" links works correctly) or something else. It just happens.

And I might be wrong, but I also seem to recall the same thing happen a few times when I clicked the "Remove" links.
So for now I decided not to use any of those links at all.
dolf-volkoff

Post by dolf-volkoff »

And another thing I just found:
higliting of the lines doesn't go past line #100. It just stops on the line #100.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, I'll take a look and see what I can do.