Are you a Monkoholic?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Dr.Sol

Are you a Monkoholic?

Post by Dr.Sol »

The answer is: Well, yes a little bit: I've been working on places where it has been possible playing music since the mid 80's. In the beginning I played radio, and cassette tapes when the radio programs was too boring. At the end of 1990's I worked with developing of bookkeeping and other administration programs and got an idea of developing a database for MP3s, i.e. something similar to Mediamonkey, which I also asked the boss if he was interested of taking into the product portfolio. But he wasn't interested and I had no leisure time there was no further development, but the idea still lived. Then, in 2005 I found Mediamonkey having already all that functionality I wanted, so I digitalized all the cassettes, reel-to-reel-tapes and other media, and got a big part of the collection easy to use. My employer of today have a totally locked system where no persnal installations are allowed and a very strict fire wall, so there is no possibilities listening on streaming media, the radio programs still sucks, and I missed my Mediamonkey, so I brought an old standalone PC to the office and now I can play mp3s in MM. At home I have no MM, we still play vinyls and CDs when we listen to music.

So my confession is that I am a periodic monkoholic.
MM-Gold user since 2005
rovingcowboy

Re: Are you a Monkoholic?

Post by rovingcowboy »

take note of the date of members joined in to the forum and number of posts you will see who is most likely a monkololic, 8) being of the same situation I'm glad to welcome you to the monkey puzzle tree, at least this tree doesn't have 20 pound pine cones like the real tree does. 8)

several of us are putting the LP's we have and other speeds of vinyl or tape in to the computer using usb turntables and line in plugs for the boom box tape decks I've ran through 2 of them boom box's already. also some of us here are broadcasting the songs to our stereos by fm or other such device, I seem to be the only one doing a full automatic jukebox though? all I do is add music to it everything is run by it's self. some are using bigger transmitters and sending their music over a stronger radio channel on their ranch that way they can hear it in the back 40.

if you have any questions on things just climb in the forum here and ask away some monkololic will be around to answer you. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Yes, Yes, Yes! Sign me up to the Monkoholic club. :D
rovingcowboy wrote:take note of the date of members joined in to the forum and number of posts you will see who is most likely a monkololic
That is one way to tell. However, some people just haven't been into the whole forum, chat, etc. revolution
of the internet until more recent times. And besides, one could be just as passionate about it after only a few
months use as someone whose used it for years (maybe even moreso because of how fresh or new the experience is).

I used it off and on for a number of years and for a while thought of it in terms of the "big gun" for the
nerdy dissecting mad scientist laboratory stuff but also used a "little gun" player for general listening
(like boom player, 1by1, foobar, etc).

The better I got at it, the more I began to see it as the all-around indisputable champ and couldn't imagine life without it.
MM is "pretty much" it for me now, even though I still like boom player a lot and use it on occasion.

It's a product like this that inspires me to get on the forum and contribute help
and the occasional "pestering" :wink: for new features or just perfection in general :wink:

There are a lot of good, dedicated, helpful and enthusiastic people here.
Anyway, glad you are here and drop us a line whenever you are MM inspired or just plain out of ideas/at wit's end.

MONKAHOLIC'S Forever!!!.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
imagehopper

Post by imagehopper »

Hic!! Burrrrppp!! 8)
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

As long as it remains the best and I see some growth towards correcting/adding missing bits .. yep I am.

Like all tools .. only as good as related to other tools of same kind :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
tinana

Post by tinana »

Boy, I am, though to a somewhat lesser degree lately than in the first five or six years since first downloading. I used to visit the forum daily, albeit as a lurker mostly, but it seems as though the MM online community has dispersed somewhat, which as an aside.. does anyone else have the sense that the forum isn't as active as it used to be? Is content streaming affecting interest in and the need for media organizers such as MediaMonkey to such a noticeable degree? Here's hoping not.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

tinana wrote:Boy, I am, though to a somewhat lesser degree lately than in the first five or six years since first downloading. I used to visit the forum daily, albeit as a lurker mostly, but it seems as though the MM online community has dispersed somewhat, which as an aside.. does anyone else have the sense that the forum isn't as active as it used to be? Is content streaming affecting interest in and the need for media organizers such as MediaMonkey to such a noticeable degree? Here's hoping not.
I have noticed that it comes around to a slower cycle of posts more often than 5 yrs ago. My reason for that is the mm is getting better and more people are on newer opsys... that have less errors then older opsys... but I also have slowed down onvvisiting the forum ever since I got hit by this ( CHF.)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.