Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

iain2020

Re: Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2

Post by iain2020 »

iain2020 wrote:I'm having trouble getting a node that does this:

50 random tracks from those having 5.0 Stars.

This is what i've got but it not right

SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs HAVING (Rating BETWEEN 95.0 AND 100.0) ORDER BY Random() LIMIT 50
Sorted eventually

Songs.ID IN (SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE (Rating BETWEEN 95.00 AND 100.00) ORDER BY Random()LIMIT 50)
MMA v1.3.0.0665 Pro Licence - Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Android 6.0.1 not-rooted
MMW v4.1.15.1827 Gold - HP Pavilion AMD A10, 8GB x64 Win10
mikecs83

Post by mikecs83 »

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to make a mask to find the First Date Played of each song? I'm open to organizing it any way, I just need help getting to finding the first played date.

Thanks,
Michael
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

mikecs83 wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for how to make a mask to find the First Date Played of each song?
Maybe you could try something like this:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Playing statistics>\First date played of each song|Filter:<Date played> <> ''\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title with artist|Statistic:Min(Date played)>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
mikecs83

Post by mikecs83 »

ZvezdanD wrote:
mikecs83 wrote:Does anyone have a suggestion for how to make a mask to find the First Date Played of each song?
Maybe you could try something like this:

<Group|Name:Playing statistics>\First date played of each song|Filter:<Date played> <> ''\<Title|Trim:1>\<Title with artist|Statistic:Min(Date played)>
Thank you. This works. One more question - how might I organize this by Year then Title. So I can see basically how many songs I listened to for the first time by year.

Thanks
theonlyrick

Show magic nodes in Column Browser

Post by theonlyrick »

Hi - I've got a magic node that lists all my music, but instead of the artists being sorted alphabetically, they're sorted by the number of tracks I've got for each artist.

This is the mask: Artist, # of Tracks|Position:First child\<Artist|Sort by:Count(All)|Sort order:Desc>

So, I like Iron Maiden more than I like Justin Bieber, so Maiden is above Bieber. Actually I don't have any Bieber, but I thought it illustrated the point well. ;-)

The problem is that the artists are only in the correct order in the media tree on the left... In the column browser (ie the main window) the artists are listed alphabetically.

Is there any way to get the artists listed by number of tracks in the column browser? It's such a useful feature for tidying up music collections. (EG - I also use it for genres, and I can easily weed out 'unuseful' genres that don't contain many tracks.)

Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Re: Show magic nodes in Column Browser

Post by ZvezdanD »

theonlyrick wrote:Is there any way to get the artists listed by number of tracks in the column browser?
MM developers didn't provide any kind of customization of the Column Browser to the scripts.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
RiffRaffAK

Post by RiffRaffAK »

ditsig suggested I post my question in this thread. Lowlander said in 2006 that an Alphabetized Index can be done with Magic Nodes. The trouble is I have to idea how. I have read the post by the creator ZvezdanD as well as the PDF written in 2008. There are currently 2211 posts in this thread. I searched the topic for Alphabetical Index and Alphabet Sidebar with no results.

I am trying to determine if something similar to Teknojnky's request from 2006 http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=9556 has ever been created. As he says, a picture is worth a thousand words:

I understand that typing a letter will take the Tree to that letter and I have used this shortcut to help with track access, but MM prides itself on being THE tool for a Large music database. The ability to create a sub-node selectable by the alphabet would greatly enhance MM.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

RiffRaffAK wrote:I searched the topic for Alphabetical Index and Alphabet Sidebar with no results.
The Magic Nodes add-on allows creating of nodes in the Media Tree panel, you cannot create any kind of additional sidebar with it.

However, Magic Nodes has the Trim qualifier which could help creating nodes with the first letter of each artists (or any other MN field). Please read the manual about that qualifier and also try the predefined "Album Artist [A-Z], Album (by Year)" mask which is using it (it is the first node inside the Magic Nodes folder).
ohneland

Playlist feat all tracks of an album that appears in a list?

Post by ohneland »

Can I create a playlist that features all complete albums (all tracks from an album either by album tag or by folder or anything else) from which one or more songs appears on playlist X or playlist Y or any playlist?

Background:
On my phone, I discover an album I want to listen to but clicking on it reveals that I only have one song of it. Syncing playlists to my phone results in a multitude of folders/albums with only one song. But on most phones this is not visible from the library view.
So I could sync the playlist specified above.
ohneland

Win 10
Logitech Media Server on a Synology NAS with diff. players
MM 5, MP3Tag, EAC, Musicbee
Lowlander

Re: Playlist feat all tracks of an album that appears in a l

Post by Lowlander »

AutoPlaylists can reference other Playlists with the Playlist criteria.
ohneland

Re: Playlist feat all tracks of an album that appears in a l

Post by ohneland »

Lowlander wrote:AutoPlaylists can reference other Playlists with the Playlist criteria.
does this means it works or it does not work?
ohneland

Win 10
theonlyrick

Re: Show magic nodes in Column Browser

Post by theonlyrick »

Shame, but thanks!

Richard
ZvezdanD wrote:
theonlyrick wrote:Is there any way to get the artists listed by number of tracks in the column browser?
MM developers didn't provide any kind of customization of the Column Browser to the scripts.
ohneland

Post by ohneland »

Do you folks think I can solve this problem http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=78959 with magic nodes?
I tried to have a look into this add-on and discovered the predefined setting "Albums with some tracks rated" but I don't have the slightest idea of how to use sql or whatever Magic Nodes is based on. Any help or suggestions is very welcome!
ohneland

Win 10
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

This mask works only in the new version of Magic Nodes:

<Group|Name:Albums...>\(Complete) Albums with <ID:1> or more files on <ID:2> or more playlists|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.ID IN (SELECT IDSong FROM PlaylistSongs GROUP BY IDSong HAVING Count(*) >= <Number|Caption:Min. number of playlists per file|Value:2|MinValue:1|MaxValue:100|ID:2>) <If|Caption:Only complete albums having number of files equal to maximal track #|Value=1|ID:3>AND Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Albums INNER JOIN (SELECT IDAlbum, Count(*) AS CntFld FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum, DiscNumber HAVING CntFld = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND CntFld >= <Number|Caption:Min. number of files per disc|Value:5|MinValue:1|MaxValue:20|ID:4>) AS T1 ON Albums.ID = T1.IDAlbum GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Albums.Tracks = Sum(CntFld)) <End If>GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(*) >= <Number|Caption:Min. number of files appearing on playlists|Value:1|MinValue:1|MaxValue:100|ID:1>)\<Album|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(Album)|Unknown:No>\<Album with album artist|Statistic:Count(Disc number), Count(All), Concat(Playlist)|Show if empty:Yes|Unknown:No>\<Disc number|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)>
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

I know it must be possible, but I've not been able to figure it out:

A node similar to the "Artists with at least one track with track rating >= 4 stars", but filtering out any tracks that aren't rated 4+ stars. Ideally, filtering out any artists with fewer than x tracks rated 4+ stars.