Some questions

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Some questions

Post by Lowlander »

The Playing of files isn't what adds them, they likely got added due to Send To > Move.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Lowlander wrote:The Playing of files isn't what adds them, they likely got added due to Send To > Move.
Yes .. MOVE will add to the db .. i found that out once :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
soopytwist

Post by soopytwist »

Pfft. You know what, MM is far too complicated and unnecessarily so. I haven't got time to puzzle simple things like adding one track to my library.

I'm just going to stick with VLC for playback and use my folder tree as my library. Unfortunately I now have no means to rip CD's.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

It is only unnecessarily so IF you don't want to do anything but play back. Setting folders to be continually watched takes a few seconds and I mentioned before that will help with the problem you originally mentioned. If you ask questions we can help get you set up .. if you just want to pass gas ... pfft :lol:
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think drag & drop of a file on a Collection node is overly complicated.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

soopytwist wrote:Pfft. You know what, MM is far too complicated and unnecessarily so. I haven't got time to puzzle simple things like adding one track to my library.

I'm just going to stick with VLC for playback and use my folder tree as my library. Unfortunately I now have no means to rip CD's.
How is one or two steps a puzzle. Are you really finding this difficult or is your MM just not working correctly?
And if you just want a "My computer" library you can still use MM (it allows both, you know). Rip CDs to wherever you want
and just don't scan anything to the library.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜