Problem looking up lyrics [#12711]

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MumboJumbo

Problem looking up lyrics [#12711]

Post by MumboJumbo »

It's been a few days since I've done a lyrics search, but currently every lyrics search I do imports the following into the lyrics section:

Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics.

I can only assume the website MediaMonkey was using as the primary lyrics search has decided they want people to go to the website rather than just import the lyrics automatically. Is this fixable? The convenience of just clicking the "Lookup Lyrics" link is huge. Having to do web searches for lyrics is (dare I say it) dreadful.

Thanks,
Phil
MMFrLife

Re: Problem looking up lyrics

Post by MMFrLife »

What version are you using?
I've never heard of this (can you post a screenshot)?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
MumboJumbo

Post by MumboJumbo »

I'm on version 4.1.6.1736, which appears to be the most current free version. I poked around looking for a way to post a screenshot I have stored on my local computer, but only see a way to post a URL or online image. Basically, I click the "Lookup Lyrics" link that display on the album cover image, and get the text "Visit www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics." in the lyrics section of the tag.

I did find that some lyric lookups were working, but others gave me the above message.

Phil
EnriGu

Post by EnriGu »

Same problem for me. But it does not appear on every lookup, just on some specific. Try Radiohead Amnesiac "I might be wrong". Other tracks from the same album do work properly.
I suspect some of the lyrics providers that are used by the built in lyrics search just deliver the text "Visit http://www.azlyrics.com for these lyrics." instead of the lyrics. :x
So: where can I change the providers that are used here?

Thx
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I am seeing this as well, Using 4.1.6.17.24
wyng

Post by wyng »

where can I change the providers that are used here?
If you know javascript, there stored in lyricsSearch.js which is typically found at C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts. There are only three in use though : AZLyrics; LyricsWikia; LyricsSong

It's probably easier to use another script like Lyricator which is highly customisable and has a longer list of inbuilt providers to try. You'll find it here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=74982

It's all a bit hit and miss at the moment as I think the lyrics sites get a lot of traffic at times and need to shape it to meet their overheads - higher volume means higher hosting cost!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've been unable to reproduce (on 4.1.7 beta though).
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

I have not seen it when I have used auto tag from web, Only when Mediamonkey searches automatically for the selected track and its not every track that returns this.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Auto-Tag from Web doesn't lookup lyrics. The build in lyrics lookup is the only MediaMonkey method (there are third party Addons).

http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12711
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

When I search for an album using auto tag from web it does look up the lyrics, Maybe it is the same lyric search as mediamonkey uses to auto tag lyrics but I haven't seen it return those results that way. \\it might just be luck of the draw of the files I have searched for.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

AlanH wrote:When I search for an album using auto tag from web it does look up the lyrics
I concur, It "does" search for lyrics w/ A-tfw. The lyrics checkbox may not show up every time, but it's possible.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
Peke

Re: Problem looking up lyrics [#12711]

Post by Peke »

Azlyrics issue should be solved in next MMW version
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pitflyer

Post by pitflyer »

Yep, broke in the last 3-5 days....v4.1.5.1719
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

pitflyer wrote:Yep, broke in the last 3-5 days....v4.1.5.1719
Same here...and I don't want to update to latest until the iOS issues are fixed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

4.1.7 is the latest release with iOS 8.3 and Lyrics fix: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 52#p406952