Database Backup Non-Existant - New User

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Tim5894

Database Backup Non-Existant - New User

Post by Tim5894 »

After buying "Gold" 3 days ago, I have so many questions but will start with just one. The database file is not in the location indicated in the help file. "C"/Users/Tim/AppData/Local/MediaMonkey". The only two folders in this location, after 3 days of adding about 3TB of files to the library are ""Previews" and "VirtualCD" and they are both empty. This seriously concerns me and makes me wonder about this software. There is no folder named "Data". I wish there was a way to choose a "Library Location" in "Options". My other questions will be asked once I resolve this issue. They involve many other issues that simply don't work or are non-existent. Thanks in advance for your help. I really hope I can get through this problem because I really want to love this program. :( Is there an in depth user manual anywhere? ----- I just tried to submit this while logged in already and there are two data fields on this page asking me to enter my "username" and "subject". After I click "Submit" I get an error saying the username already exists. COME ON! I might be asking for my money back if these nonsensical issues keep occurring. Is this software brand new or something?
Tim5894

Re: Database Backup Non-Existant - New User

Post by Tim5894 »

My username is AstralTim67 yet I had to post with a different name. Am I missing something here or what? This is not like any other forum I've been on. :roll:
AstralTim67

Post by AstralTim67 »

Ok, I'm logged in now. Had great difficulty doing so. Since I don't waste anyone's time, If I click "auto-arrange" do I need to select the songs I want auto-arranged or will the entire music library be auto-arranged? Where are they getting arranged, in the database only, or the actual file location? :lol:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Location depends on Windows version and type of install: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -ini-files (note that you may need to enable the viewing of hidden files).