How do i back up media monkey playlists?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

frankenpod

How do i back up media monkey playlists?

Post by frankenpod »

With iTunes I used to copy the itunes files to the backup drive, to back up all its internal settings. Where do I find the files to back up media-monkey's playlists? Ta
Lowlander

Re: How do i back up media monkey playlists?

Post by Lowlander »

Playlists are in the MediaMonkey database: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ey-library
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

If you want to just back up playlists .. export them.
If you want to back up your database then look in the Addons forBackup 6.0. Here is a link to the forum section for Backup. It backs up the entire db with a restore script
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
frankenpod

Post by frankenpod »

OK - will investigate the backup addon. Thanks.
mjkassoc@aol.com

Post by mjkassoc@aol.com »

Lowlander, why not just copy MM.DB? Restore by copy/paste.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

mjkassoc@aol.com wrote:Lowlander, why not just copy MM.DB? Restore by copy/paste.
Yes, you can do that.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
SelArom

Post by SelArom »

on a related note to this question, what is the best strategy to sync playlists across multiple machines?

I have mediamonkey pointed at my OneDrive folder, so I have the same music and paths on all my machines, but I also have auto playlists and custom playlists to organize my music into crates (for djing)

since i spend a good part of my day on my work pc that's where I do the most organizing. I want to be able to pick up those playlists and changes automatically on my dj machine...

it seems my best bet is to keep my work pc as the master source, then periodically export my playlists to m3u and pull them into my dj machine...

which works, but it would be GREAT if the playlists could sync across the network and any changes made on one machine's list would instantly propagate to anothers...

if this isn't possible i'd sure appreciate it logged as a feature request, perhaps by offering the option to move playlists out of the db and into xml/m3u files that can be "watched" by mediamonkey. then I could just store them in my onedrive alongside my library.

thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Automatic exporting of Playlists can be done with: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... d+playlist
anniedmn

Post by anniedmn »

hi i'm new here, i have a problem to locate the MM database, I cant find it anywhere on my laptop. I have a lot of music (aprox. 1 and a half TB) and I want to make sure that all the organizing i'm making wont be lost if anything happens or if i want to migrate on a new computer
thank you :D
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Database location: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... le/View/16

You may need to enable the showing of hidden files in Explorer to see the database file/location.