MediaMonkey will not load properly & service tickets rejecte

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nsf

MediaMonkey will not load properly & service tickets rejecte

Post by nsf »

MediaMonkey will not open correctly, minimize, or even close; I must restart the PC to get rid of the screen, which is blank. I created an attachment with all the error messages, but I don't see a way to attach it here.

I am not technically knowledgeable. MediaMonkey is recommended as the best application for large classical music collections. With some difficulty I already loaded hundreds of hours of music from CDs. Your forums, etc., are either not pertinent or unintelligible to me. I can't even send a question correctly; my efforts to submit service tickets (6 times) were rejected as "cross-site fraud" and "wrong department" -- How can "other" be the wrong department? BTW I cleared my browser cache including cookies.

MediaMonkey is running on a home network with a WD server. All music was loaded from my PC, a Dell XPS8500. Except for MediaMonkey, the WiFi and server connections are working properly for all other applications.

Any suggestions for a cure will be appreciated. Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: MediaMonkey will not load properly & service tickets rej

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure attachments are no larger than 2MB when attaching to a support ticket. Compress (ZIP/RAR) it and if still to large use a file sharing site and add the link to the file to your ticket.

Also see: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... t-web-site

Which version of MediaMonkey are you running?
nsf

Post by nsf »

Thanks for your quick response. Earlier, I found the link that you included and did all that stuff without result.
My attachment is a Word document of screenprints and is 8978KB, so perhaps that's the problem. I will copy it to separate files, but I still don't think that will shrink it much, and I have no knowledge of file sharing sites. I'll try quoting some of the error messages in the service ticket request.
I just started using MediaMonkey and even upgraded to gold to try to get better performance, so I have whatever version is the newest.
nsf
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nsf wrote:and I have no knowledge of file sharing sites.
Really? You have never heard of dropbox, microsoft one drive, mega, etc.?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nsf

Post by nsf »

Thanks, nohitter151, for the sarcasm. That was very helpful is solving my problem. I said "no knowledge of", as in I don't know how to use one, not I don't know the names of any.
nsf
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

nsf, I would suggest you get access to dropbox (google), one drive (ms) or ..
FOr example if you have a google account (or not i guess) just go to google and DropBox. It will load a program that allows you to store, i think upto 2gig of data.
Then when you store something there you can get a link that you can place in your response here.

Hope this helps. If not PM me off line and i will run you through it.

DSig
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nsf wrote:Thanks, nohitter151, for the sarcasm. That was very helpful is solving my problem. I said "no knowledge of", as in I don't know how to use one, not I don't know the names of any.
nsf
Then you should have said you didn't know how to use one not "no knowledge of" which implies, well, not knowing the names of any.

Also it was not sarcasm.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nsf

Post by nsf »

Thanks dtsig. I got around the entire dropbox issue by typing some of the error messages in my service ticket request text. Apparently, the MediaMonkey database is "malformed". I created a backup from a day earlier and now am trying to figure out what to rename it and where to put it.
nsf