Guide to iPod syncing

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Lowlander

Re: Guide to iPod syncing

Post by Lowlander »

.Christoph.

Post by .Christoph. »

thank you :) the mentioned ituens version did not work too, but ituens 11.4 64 bit works fine!
BostonJoey

Post by BostonJoey »

I'm having trouble syncing my Ipod with MediaMonkey.

I've been using MM for a few months now and initially had no problem with the set up and syncing tracks to my ipod. However I recently moved my computer and hooked up an external hard drive to it for backups and I believe this is where the problem started.

It took on the same drive letter as what the Ipod had and any time I synced tracks to it via MM it created them in a folder on the hard drive. I tried following all the steps on the Wiki and rolling back Itunes to an older version but none of these has had any effect. Can someone provide a suggestion or recommendation as to what to do.

When I go to device configuration it says the Ipod is not even plugged in which is also odd.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey and what model iPod? Also which device plugin (dll) in MediaMonkey are you using for the iPod?
BostonJoey

Post by BostonJoey »

I am using MediaMonkey 4.1.5.1719 and have an Iphone 3GS which I am using as an iPod. There are two entries under PlugIns one for iPod and d_iPod.dll and then the one I set up when I first connected it FirstNameLastName ITouch using d_iPhone.dll
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The iPhone should use d_iphone.dll so that's in order and no USB drive should use it.

I suggest you update to MediaMonkey 4.1.6 and if it still fails the latest iTunes as well.
Paulusssss

Post by Paulusssss »

Hello,

Followed all the steps to connect my iphone 5 to mediamonkey. Installed itunes with quicktime first, then mediamonkey. (2 times already) still can't seem to get connected to mediamonkey with my iphone 5.

Hope someone can help me with this. Frustrating: NO MUSIC :(

Cheers, Paul
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Paulusssss wrote:Hello,

Followed all the steps to connect my iphone 5 to mediamonkey. Installed itunes with quicktime first, then mediamonkey. (2 times already) still can't seem to get connected to mediamonkey with my iphone 5.

Hope someone can help me with this. Frustrating: NO MUSIC :(

Cheers, Paul
Does your iPod connect to itunes? You have to connect it to itunes on the same pc at least once before MM can access it.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
soso

Post by soso »

Beginner here.

I've been having trouble with syncing artwork for albums that have different cover art for individual songs. I like to organize scattered songs on my ipod into single albums while having different artwork, and I like to have certain songs display an alternate cover for the album they're on.

When I sync the albums using MediaMonkey to my ipod, one cover is chosen for all of the songs in the album. Is there any way to have artwork for each individual song in an album sync to my ipod? I am able to do this using itunes.

I am using version 4.1.8.1751 and have a 5g ipod touch.

(I apologize if this has already been asked)
Thanks.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

soso wrote:Beginner here.

I've been having trouble with syncing artwork for albums that have different cover art for individual songs. I like to organize scattered songs on my ipod into single albums while having different artwork, and I like to have certain songs display an alternate cover for the album they're on.

When I sync the albums using MediaMonkey to my ipod, one cover is chosen for all of the songs in the album. Is there any way to have artwork for each individual song in an album sync to my ipod? I am able to do this using itunes.

I am using version 4.1.8.1751 and have a 5g ipod touch.

(I apologize if this has already been asked)
Thanks.
This is not possible. iPods will show the same art for all tracks in the same album.

penfold

Post by penfold »

Hello,
so it appears I have the correct drivers installed, my PC recognises my ipod touch correctly and I have installed:
  • Apple Application Support
    Apple Mobile Device Support
    Quicktime
I have checked that the Apple Mobile Device Service is running but I still have no visibility of my ipod in media monkey.

any ideas?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

penfold wrote:
any ideas?
Your device must be recognized and registered with iTunes in order for MM to see it.

penfold

Post by penfold »

so I gave up with the "itunes-less" installation but I still do not see my ipod even after it is now visible on itunes.
:(
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

penfold wrote:so I gave up with the "itunes-less" installation but I still do not see my ipod even after it is now visible on itunes.
:(
What version of MM is installed. You can check version number in the menu at Help > About

penfold

Post by penfold »