Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.2 (2013-08-31) [MM3+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Thamesvalley

Re: Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.2 (2013-08-31) [MM3+]

Post by Thamesvalley »

Hi,
Files are uploaded.
I have no more files before backup. Already deleted.
See the link to dl the current files :
https://mega.nz/#!2JMiWRKb!kAJmMkYN8_MG ... 40d-FDdxbA
And also a video showing directly this bug :
https://mega.nz/#!aF1liK7R!tXLmzqQn_Lc0 ... IeRikrj5Co

I hope you will find.
Thank you for your help
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:Files are uploaded.
I have no more files before backup. Already deleted.
See the link to dl the current files
Thanks for posting this, but that is completely another bug then that that you reported in your last post and completely another problem that we already talked on the previous page of this thread. As I already said to you before and as I already mentioned in the Important section of the first post of this thread: "This add-on could only restore data from/to some backup file, it cannot restore the current database with itself. You need to have already made the backup file before you get some problem with the current database - nothing can be done if you don't have it."

I already explained to you that you should not specify your current database file in the Backup database file text box of this add-on's dialog box. So, could you tell me what did you specify as the Backup database file when you got the error mentioned in your previous post ("Type mismatch: 'CLng' on the 2804 line)? If you specified the current database as you did on the uploaded video you would get the "database is locked" error instead, but not "type mismatch".
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Everything started with the replacement of my raid 1 array. I have one disk crashed.
So, made some manipulations and then, I saw my tracks were seen but I could not launch any of them anymore. They all were faded.
I tried to import the db, but failed. I dropped the library and rebuilding it; then retry to import db but failed.
Obviously, before posting, I tried to re-import the db from the default directory. How can I guess I couldn't ?
What do I have to do to restore efficienttly and quickly ? Does it work or not ?
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:Everything started with the replacement of my raid 1 array. I have one disk crashed.
So, made some manipulations and then, I saw my tracks were seen but I could not launch any of them anymore. They all were faded.
If you have retained the same folder structure for media files as before crash, maybe you could use my Update Location of Files in Database add-on instead.
Thamesvalley wrote:I tried to import the db, but failed. I dropped the library and rebuilding it; then retry to import db but failed.
You still didn't answer to my question. What did you specify as the Backup database file when you got the "Type mismatch: 'CLng'" error seen in the screenshot? Could you upload that file to the file server instead of your current database?
Thamesvalley wrote:I tried to re-import the db from the default directory. How can I guess I couldn't ?
What do I have to do to restore efficienttly and quickly ? Does it work or not ?
Yes, the restore works, but only if you have a backup database file. You cannot import data from the current (active) database into itself, there is no point for such thing.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I changed the defect hdd and no datas were lost.
However I had to backup to an intermediate hdd. So, I replaced the datas with the same drive letter. No dammage encountered for my files.
I got the type mismatch clng with the same file mm.db
I've never had any other file than mm.db. Consequently, I cannot upload any other file.

The backup were made with Backup utility. See capture.
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:I changed the defect hdd and no datas were lost.
However I had to backup to an intermediate hdd. So, I replaced the datas with the same drive letter. No dammage encountered for my files.
As I said, it seems that you should use the Update Location of Files add-on instead.
Thamesvalley wrote:I got the type mismatch clng with the same file mm.db
OK, I have fixed that problem. Thanks for the report.
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

I don't understand.
What do you mean by update location ?
What should I do to solve my problem ?
Get woke, go broke !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thamesvalley wrote:What do you mean by update location ?
You said before that you "made some manipulations and then, I saw my tracks were seen but I could not launch any of them anymore. They all were faded." Such problem exists after upgrading drive that has different serial number and because of that the location of files in the database is different and consequently all files in the tracklist are grayed. So, the mentioned Update Location of Files in Database add-on could be used in such cases.

The Update Location add-on is mentioned in the Important section in the first post of this thread as an alternative to the Restore/Synchronize Database add-on that could be used in specified cases. It is mentioned on the download page of this add-on as well.
shanemorales

Post by shanemorales »

Does this even work? I can select the database but the export and import buttons are greyed out.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

shanemorales wrote:Does this even work? I can select the database but the export and import buttons are greyed out.
Yes, it works. The export and import buttons are enabled only if you have at least one matched track between the active and backup databases. This add-on currently cannot import tracks from the backup into the active database, but only their data (metadata, playlists, playing history...). However, you need to have matched tracks to be able to do that.
martialartsguy

Post by martialartsguy »

Request for Script GUI:

Would it be possible to add "Select All," "Select None," "Invert Choices" on the main window for the choices under "Restore metadata in Songs & other tables"? I had to do a number of import because of a crashed HDD and this would have eased my speed of using the script.

Thanks for an awesome script that has saved my butt quite a few times. :D
MM Gold since 2006
StephenSmith

Post by StephenSmith »

Hiya

Am I right in thinking that this will merge two DB's into one. The reason I am asking is that my main DB is on my laptop at my place of work, but there are times that I have time at home to add some newer files and what I would like to do is then take the home DB and merge it into my main DB.

If so what settings would I need to do that please

Thanks in advance

Steve
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

StephenSmith wrote:Am I right in thinking that this will merge two DB's into one. The reason I am asking is that my main DB is on my laptop at my place of work, but there are times that I have time at home to add some newer files and what I would like to do is then take the home DB and merge it into my main DB.
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 58#p413758
"This add-on currently cannot import tracks from the backup into the active database, but only their data (metadata, playlists, playing history...)."
StephenSmith

Post by StephenSmith »

Thanks for that, when you say their data do you mean, title, artist, album etc
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Yes, of course. The mentioned metadata include title, artist, album etc. Please read the first message of this thread and you will see what data you could import/export.