Music from SD card not loading into MediaMonkey

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

WindycityME

Music from SD card not loading into MediaMonkey

Post by WindycityME »

Music directory not being loaded into MediaMonkey. Doesn't seem to change directories to real load into Mediamonkey
Lowlander

Re: Music no loading into MediaMonkey

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and Android and where are the files you're trying to scan in located on your device?
WindyCityME

Post by WindyCityME »

MediaMonkey automatically updated a few days ago. I have MediaMonkey Pro. I have had it for years and it has worked fine up until this update. I have all music on an external SD card in a directory called music. I've gone through the set-up process to have MediaMonkey recofnize the SD card. As I said never had a problem with previous versions. Most recent version of Android (5.1). MediaMonkey for Android 1.1.3.0491.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. Tracking at:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12918

btw, can you confirm what device you're using?

Thanks.

-Rusty
WindycityME

Post by WindycityME »

LG G4. One of the few with the SD option vs Galaxy and iPhone.

Thanks
Mark
WindycityME

Post by WindycityME »

I do want to mention when I do choose library folders within MediaMonkey the SD card does show as an option. When I choose SD card option all the subfolders do show as an option. When I choose the Music folder and press on the Select Music option at bottom of screen MediaMonkey shows I selected and all the artist subdirectories are listed. When I select it stays on the select screen. When I choose the phones back button it goes back to the MM home screen and a gyrating circle shows that MM is trying to do something. Then it stops and the circle disappears and no media shows.

I will add there was a music player that came with the phone and that does play the music. I prefer to use MediaMonkey. So I know the phone is recognizing the SD card.

Thanks
Mark
DungHo

Re: Music from SD card not loading into MediaMonkey

Post by DungHo »

hm.. I too have LG G4 and experiencing exact problem which make the player not usable right now... :(
rusty

Post by rusty »

Please see my comment at: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 34#p415734

(it seems as if the 2 threads are likely covering the same issue).

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

These issues should be resolved in build 946. There are a couple of technical fixes to SD card handling & permissions handling, along with a number of UI improvements that simplify the permissions process. Please confirm.

Thanks.

-Rusty

Post by Guest »

Thank you the issue seems to be fixed. Thank you so much for you quick resolution.
rusty

Post by rusty »

DungHo, WindyCityME,

Can you confirm as well?

Thanks.

-Rusty