RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

THRobinson

Tag Manipulation Presets - Date/Original Date Fields

Post by THRobinson »

I'm using the tag manipulation presets, specifically the "copy <from field> to <into field)" one... choose DATE and ORIGINAL DATE... and nothing happening.

I have a large group of singles that have the original dates in the DATE field, so wanted to copy that date into the ORIGINAL DATE field as well (same date both fields) but just not working.

Is this one of the combinations that are not allowed? I would think it should work, and pretty certain a couple years ago, I did it to a few files.

Any ideas?

I also tried YEAR and ORIGINAL YEAR but no change. My date field is a year only, no month/day.

Thanks
THRobinson

Re: Tag Manipulation Presets - Date/Original Date Fields

Post by THRobinson »

Nevermind... using the same idea, but in the Find/Replace script worked no problem... not sure why it won't with the presets script.
Stephen J

Re: RegExp Find & Replace 4.3 w/ 253 presets (2011-07-06) [M

Post by Stephen J »

I've just installed v4.4.4 on a new computer and it does not seem to work properly. To check, on my old computer I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4.4 and got the same problem. I wonder if it is just me, or if anyone else is experiencing this?
Problem: Open up the tool and select one of the presets from the dropdown list. Initially this seems ok, but after selecting one or two presets I notice that the Name of the preset, and the description of the preset are one apart, eg if I select the preset for "Add Live to the end of the title", I get the description - and actions - for the next preset alphabetically, ie "Add / and total number of tracks".
Since v4.3 worked is it (a) possible to fix the bug or (b) download the old 4.3 version (the link on the front page is for 4.4.4 only)
jz1276

Post by jz1276 »

I just downloaded this script hoping to find a way to batch rename all of my albums with the artist's name before the album title.
Example: The Beatles: Rubber Soul

Can anyone give me instructions on how to do this? I can see the pre-defined options but cannot figure out how to add a custom one. Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Great script btw.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Stephen J wrote:I've just installed v4.4.4 on a new computer and it does not seem to work properly.
Thanks for the report. I suppose you are using the non-skinned version of MediaMonkey. There is the new fixed release v4.4.5, please let me know if it works correctly.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Stephen J

Post by Stephen J »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Stephen J wrote:I've just installed v4.4.4 on a new computer and it does not seem to work properly.
Thanks for the report. I suppose you are using the non-skinned version of MediaMonkey. There is the new fixed release v4.4.5, please let me know if it works correctly.
Yes, I'm using the non-skinned version.
And, better still, Yes 4.4.5 seems to work exactly as I would expect.
Thanks.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

I'm trying to "move" the right half of the following line to another field:
1976 / 2005 CD BMG Japan

So, the result would be:
| CD BMG Japan| in the destination field, and | 1976 / 2005 | to remain in the source field. Vertical bars are to merely represent field perimeter.

I tried some of the "right-most", "left-most" field separator presets
and came close with one but the problem in this situation is that "space" is the separator.
Only whole words, digits, or symbols seem to work as separators. I can't just leave a space between the "", e.g. " "
because there are many spaces. I can't find one that does something like, maybe, "Move end of <From Field> after left-most number of words to <Into Field>".
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I can't find one that does something like, maybe, "Move end of <From Field> after left-most number of words to <Into Field>".
Maybe something like this:
1. Assign the right side of <From Field> after specified number of words to <Into Field>
2. Keep only specified number of words on the begin of <Into Field>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:
MMFrLife wrote:I can't find one that does something like, maybe, "Move end of <From Field> after left-most number of words to <Into Field>".
Maybe something like this:
1. Assign the right side of <From Field> after specified number of words to <Into Field>
2. Keep only specified number of words on the begin of <Into Field>
1. Most, if not all, of your "Assign" presets are really just assigning by copying. But this is almost it. Except, I need it to "Move"; not Copy/Assign.
So, it would be "Move the right side of <From Field> after specified number of words to <Into Field>" with the move function being the only difference.
2. That one only deals with a single field by simply chopping of the end half. It doesn't move the end half of it to another field.

Mod number 1 with "move" and we've got a winner. :)

Thanks, as always
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

MMFrLife wrote:I need it to "Move"; not Copy/Assign.
You could make a batch with the mentioned two presets and you would get exactly what you want.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

ZvezdanD wrote:
MMFrLife wrote:I need it to "Move"; not Copy/Assign.
You could make a batch with the mentioned two presets and you would get exactly what you want.
Yeah, I already figured I could batch a couple together before I posted the issue or use 1. (you provided) and "Remove specified number of words from
end of into field". I was just looking for a single one, as the one that I tried before posting and the # 1. that you provided were so close,
I just got "caught up in it". But ultimately the point of the batch is to keep from having to have/write out single presets for every little scenario. I get it.
Makes sense. Having to do that would get to be quite the headache after a while. However, though, in some scenarios, I believe it necessary or at least
extremely helpful (like the last one you helped me with, via email).

Thanks again Z, you da man!
😜
plopske

Tag Manipulation Presets - can't set parameter(s) anymore

Post by plopske »

Hi,

I have been using the Tag Manipulation addon forever. It has helped me tag some 100,000+ mp3's. Just today something changed and
I am not asked for parameters anymore. I just get a 'Confirm - Yes/No' window.
For example: I tried to use Auto-increment Tracknumber with specified starting value. Normally I would be able to
enter a starting value. Now I can just confirm and it will auto-increment with a/the default starting value.

I probably changed something myself, but what? Please help me to change back to the original way of working....

advTHANKSance
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Have you restarted MM and/or rebooted Win since the problem occured?
😜
ZvezdanD

Re: Tag Manipulation Presets - can't set parameter(s) anymor

Post by ZvezdanD »

plopske wrote:something changed and
I am not asked for parameters anymore.
Edit / RegExp Find and Replace / Options / Show dialog box for adjusting of the preset selected in the menu or toolbar

Post by Guest »

That did it!! Don't know how this option gor unselected, but it works again now

THANKS!!!!!